forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Fri 16 Mar 07 12:55pm

Georgie

From Jamie's office
Member since Thu 06 Jul 06

Re: The worst thing i've eaten this week!

haha!!
Dave - of course!! we shall have to carry out essential research  wink

Likes (0)

#22 Sun 18 Mar 07 1:12pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

Did anyone else from here in Oz see that doco on sweets on SBS this week, it was really good... went on about the big candy empires vs the small handmade choc makers, abit about the choc contribution to the war efforts in the past 100 years & how the choc makers havent taken on maple syrup in any serious way...

Also a mention of a hard cinnamon candy with a bitter choc centre, sounds very interesting & nothing like it has been seen here in Oz... they are a Canadian thing I think... anyone know what they are called?

Dave, you are a brave man, sticking that in your mouth lol  puke

Likes (0)

#23 Sun 18 Mar 07 3:46pm

kimber

Forum champ
Occupation Mom and TKD Red Stripe
From Alberta
Member since Sat 24 Jun 06

Frizz,
They are called Chicken Bones!  Not a very appetizing name but they are yummy lol .  Google them - they are  made by Ganong.

Hope youare feeling better soon.
K

Likes (0)

#24 Sun 18 Mar 07 4:26pm

cupcake

Forum champ
From Cambodia, eh?
Member since Tue 09 Nov 04

Huh. Cambodian here, and I've never heard of Chicken Bones! Can't say that I'm persuaded by the pic to try them. But ... (at risk of this becoming the 'best thing eaten all week') I'm happily, hopelessly addicted to Buderims, 'Gingerbons' - Aussie confection with a smart little kick. The sweet heat of ginger in one chewy mouthful. Sort of like the supreme satisfaction that the one-bite brownie delivers. Oh God, yum. Move over Panda licorice.

Likes (0)