forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 25 Mar 07 10:37pm

viktormano

From Veszprém (Hungary)
Member since Sat 24 Mar 07

HELP needed!!!

Hi Jamie (or anyone concerned in this question),
i'm making your food quite often, so a few days ago i bought 'Jamie's Italy' as i also love Italian foods.
my first trying was a soup called Minestrone, which is really a lovely course (almost all the 3 in 1) - no question about it!
i just then turned pages to a cake called BUSTRENGO. its picture makes you drivel hard.
i read the recipe before i go shopping, then i just read the detailed description while making it. what a pitty!
the recipe talks of 500 gramms of apple, the description of completion does NOT. i made it without the apple accordingly. still it's lovely! (try it! wink )
i don't know if the Hungarian translation is to blame, or they just followed the original one...
i wouldn't go to Italy with my question so please Mr OLIVER let me know about this hidden information. if i should peel them before cutting them into small pieces (i feel i should), where & when to put them (like to stir them with the raw batter or just spread over it when it's in the oven pan, etc.)
your (take it as plural chefs of the world) reply will be highly appreciated and welcome.
thank you in advance, bye for now:
Viktor (from Hungary) help

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 25 Mar 07 11:34pm

kimber

Forum champ
Occupation Mom and TKD Red Stripe
From Alberta
Member since Sat 24 Jun 06

Re: HELP needed!!!

Hi,

I just checked my copy and the apples are to be peeled, cored and roughly diced.  The apples are to be added at the same time as the figs, raisins, cinnamon, orange and lemon zest, and salt.

Hope this helps.  smile

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 26 Mar 07 12:51am

viktormano

From Veszprém (Hungary)
Member since Sat 24 Mar 07

Re: HELP needed!!!

Hi Kimber,
helps? a lot!!!
many thanks
xoxoxoxoxo
viktor