forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 29 Mar 07 10:32am

beckiboo123

Member since Mon 26 Mar 07

parents preveting child obesity

i am currently in school studying digital communication in my english coursework. my topic is food and i was hoping for some ideas that i could include. my main idea was the rise in child obesity, howeveri am unawre of the facts that lead to the obesity problems and what foods should be eaten to avoid the problem. i would be greatfull for anyones help! xxx

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 29 Mar 07 10:58am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: parents preveting child obesity

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 29 Mar 07 10:58am

Matthew Waterhouse

From Llandewi Brefi, Wales
Member since Fri 05 Aug 05

well I don't know what all this fuss about fat people is about. What would all the chubby chasers do if there were no more big bear cubs to go round?

I'm as fat as Larry and happy as a pig in poo

and a lot of people seem to like me this way too

here's some simple sums for your project:
lard and cake + no exercise = obesity
fruit and veg + exercise = thin, righteous, uptight

(nothing personal beckiboo, but all this nanny state spoon feeding really gets my goat, if Jamie wasn't such a cutie pie with a nice bit of weight on him I wouldn't be here myself, good luck with your project, mwah)

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 29 Mar 07 9:15pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

lol

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 30 Mar 07 6:46pm

Katja

Forum champ
Occupation Study to become a social and healthcare assistent
From Denmark
Member since Mon 21 Jun 04

lol  lol  lol

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 01 Apr 07 6:43pm

Alex G

Forum champ
Occupation Student/Commis chef
From Brighton/ Bournemouth
Member since Sat 29 Oct 05

Happy as larry? Hopefully larry isn't obese otherwise he wouldn't be very happy when he get's his heart attack  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 02 Apr 07 1:39pm

French_vanilla

Forum champ
Occupation Secretary
From Dublin - Ireland
Member since Sun 01 Apr 07

Simple.. parents should go back to the old way of ensuring that their kids eat proper food... not something microwaved with a thousand calories per spoon and eaten in front of the telly...

I remember my mother saying: "eat your greens" etc... + pudding was only on offer on sunday dinner as a special treat...

Nowadays, convenience is often preferred to common sense.. I know we all live a hectic life but there's no excuse for inflicting that on our kids... we'll end up with a society of 40 something obese people dying of heart attacks...   sad

French_vanilla

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 03 Apr 07 4:21pm

Annie1962

Occupation stay at home single mother to two gorgeous boys
From Fremantle(hippy land), Western
Member since Fri 23 Sep 05

most cases of childhood obesity is due to parents not teaching their children healthy habits... ie just passing on their own habits to their kids.

there are extreme cases of childhood obesity where small kids just get HUGE and dieting with exercise won't help them lose weight. That's extremely rare and baffles scientists as to how it's happened..

But like I said, most cases is just bad habits being passed down.

There is no such thing as "puppy fat".. unless healthy eating and exercise habits are in place, the cute puppy fat on little James becomes fat as an adult.

Likes (0)

#9 Tue 03 Apr 07 10:35pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Walk around the supermarkets and peep into peoples supermarket trollys as you pass them. ( facinating pastime  lol )
Look at the supermarkets shelves and see all the huge range of products aimed at being sold for children, it always amazes me.
Check out the nutritional contents on the convience foods, the amount of calories in things like fizzy drinks etc. It is easy to see where all the 'empty calories are taken from.

Likes (0)