forum: Food & Drink
- Member since Tue 17 Apr 07
Pale Pink tomatoe and vodka consomme
Would anyone have this receipe I seen this on the 12th of April on chanel ten please.
- Forum champ Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
- From Bradford, West Yorks
- Member since Mon 03 Jul 06
Re: Pale Pink tomatoe and vodka consomme
No idea what Jamie has in his, but you could try something along thefollowing lines while you wait for the book to come out
Home-Made Bloody Mary
by Tamasin Day-Lewis
from Tamasin's Weekends
A restorative hit of Tamasin Day Lewis's Bloody Mary is guaranteed to get you going after a night of indulgence
* Servings: 4-6
* Level of difficulty: Easy
* Preparation Time: 20 minutes, plus chilling
* 1.2kg ripe or overripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
* 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
* small bunch of fresh coriander, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
* sprigs of Thyme, flat-leafed parsley and rosemary, stems removed
* 1 tsp freshly grated horseradish
* 1 tsp grated onion
* juice of 2 Lemons
* pinch of Sugar
* few drops of Tabasco
* few drops of Worcestershire sauce
* chilled vodka
1. Put all the ingredients, except the vodka, in a food processor. Whizz to a purée for 1-2 minutes.
2. Push as much of the purée as possible through a sieve, pushing down hard with the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Pour into a jug, adjust the seasoning, then chill.
4. Add to the jug as much vodka as you need for a suitably restorative hit.
5. Stir well, then pour into glasses.