Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Tue 17 Apr 07 8:44pm

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

Re: Food processor needed

Nobody seem to have mentined the Kenwood Chef and the Kenwood Kitchen Machine range:-

http://www.kenwoodworld.com/uk/product_ … hp?cat=270

Which to my mind is the ultimate food processor.

My Chef is almost 30 years old, and still going strong - I had one before, which was left to me by my mother, and has since been passed on to my daughter, and it is still in daily use!

Likes (0)

#12 Tue 17 Apr 07 11:09pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I have never seen a Kenwood food processor and so I cannot comment on them. My mother used to have a Kenwood Chef stand mixer, I think like Geoff if meaning, they are good machines.

I have a Magimix cuisine 5200 food processor and a Kitchenaid stand mixer, I have pasta roller attatchments for my Kitchen aid stand mixer..the pasta rollers are great,and were well worth the money that I spent on them.

Likes (0)

#13 Tue 17 Apr 07 11:15pm

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

The Kenwood Food Machine is the update of the Chef - which us still available, and is much more than a stand mixer - ithasfour different power take-offs for all sorts of attachments, from liquidiser to sausage maker and pasta roller/cutter - and more!

Likes (0)

#14 Thu 19 Apr 07 7:17am

ozzygirl

From Queensland, Australia
Member since Thu 05 Apr 07

Kambrook Food Processor Deluxe. It has the blender and a separate procesor and all the attachments 1.5lt, about $80 from The Good Guys. I use mine all the time and its very easy to use/wash/store. Goodluck smile

Likes (0)

#15 Thu 26 Apr 07 1:41pm

Shari H

From Australia
Member since Tue 24 Apr 07

I love my magimix too.  My mum gave it to me 25 years ago.  Bowl a little worse for wear but the motor is still running amazingly well.  I sort of wish it would die so I could justify a new one with various sized bowls. smile

Likes (0)

#16 Wed 09 May 07 3:31pm

tom_cairns

Member since Tue 04 Jan 05

Got a MagiMix 5200 in the end....it is splendid.
Thanks for all your input
Tom

Likes (0)

#17 Fri 11 May 07 1:13pm

sallyf

Member since Sat 07 Oct 06

Have just purchased a magimix 5200 ...... I don't think you will find better.   I keep it on my kitchen bench and would probably use it every 2nd day.

Likes (0)

#18 Fri 11 May 07 1:32pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

I have the Wizz Professional too. I love it.

My Mother got one for Mothers Day almost 30 years ago & its still going.

Likes (0)

#19 Mon 14 May 07 11:46am

tom_cairns

Disaster!

Just made dough for the first time in the 5200 (600g flour, 450ml liquid) and a) it vibrated like a wild thing - had to be restrained; b) it cut out after 1 1/2 mins (presumably overheating) and c) a large portion of the dough managed to worm its way inside the dough blade shatf, down the tube in the bowl and all over the base. Not happy. sad

Likes (0)

#20 Mon 14 May 07 1:47pm

tom_cairns

Just heard back from Magimix (very quick reply) and aparently becasue the processor is so powerful I only needed to knead for about 1 minute and that is why I hade the subsequent problems.
Hooray  smile

Likes (0)