forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 26 Apr 07 4:31pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Acknowledging published recipes from others

Can someone tell me what the policy is here, please?

Other food forums require the whole citation(Author, date of publication, publisher, where published,ISBN and page number- oh, and book title, of course).

What's the situation here? Have just been using author, title and ISBN.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#2 Thu 26 Apr 07 6:23pm

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

Re: Acknowledging published recipes from others

I always acknowledge Author and Title of publication of any recipes I put up and a link to a website it may be on too if there is one.

I usually don't bother with the rest. I do not know of other people.

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 26 Apr 07 6:25pm

Cindy

Forum champ
From Adelaide, OZ

eg

One pot Chook

Ingredients
Serves 4

4 Barossa corn fed chook marylands

Stuffing
90gms mushroom
20 gms preserved lemon
4 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs rosemary
½ cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter

1 teaspoon chopped tarragon mixed in 1 tablespoon butter

16 – 20 small pickling onions peeled
8 cloves garlic – whole
2 medium sized waxy potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
2 fresh bay leaves
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 spring of marjoram
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper   
2 bunches baby truss tomatoes
2 cups chook stock
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (evoo) for sautéing
Method
Joint the Marylands into two, de-boning the thigh. Unless you are dealing with a large thigh, it’s much easier to gently bash out the boned meal a little to make it easier to roll up.

To make the stuffing, fry off the chopped Mushrooms, preserved lemon, rosemary, thyme and bread crumbs.
Place a knob of tarragon butter under the skin of the thigh meat and place a handful of stuffing in the middle of the thigh and tie up with string into a little parcel.

Add a splash of evoo to a heavy based casserole pot and gently sauté the parcels and drumsticks until they colour slightly, tossing in a sprig of rosemary to the pan. The drumsticks will take longer than the thighs. Take the chicken pieces as they brown and put them aside. Blanch the pickling onions, peel them and then toss them into the same saucepan. Add the blanched potatoes, bay leaves, then blanched garlic and adding extra oil to stop the vegetables from sticking. Cook till gently coloured. At this stage add the marjoram and then place the chicken pieces on top of the vegetables in a single layer. Add any chicken juices. Place the truss tomatoes gently between the chicken pieces, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add bay leaves and rosemary and pour over the stock.
Cook the chicken, covered, on top of the stove until the potatoes are nearly tender then take the lid off to reduce the liquid a little.
Garnish the dish with chopped parsley and black pepper, and serve in the pot, at the table.

Maggie Beer, The cook and the Chef
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s1906058.htm

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 26 Apr 07 6:28pm

Cindy

Forum champ
From Adelaide, OZ

Oh and I made this tonight for tea - saw it on telly last night - it was delish.

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 26 Apr 07 6:51pm

Maree

Forum super champ

Thanks, sadie. A recipe bonus, too! Knew it had to be either Maggie or Stephanie.

Will stick with author, title and date, then, unless I hear anything to the contrary.

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 27 Apr 07 10:01am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

ISBN? I usually can't even be bothered walking to the bookcase to get the proportions right let alone bother with that. I suppose I'm a copyrighter's dream, too lazy to post recipes unless that involves ctrl C.

Last edited by The White Rabbit (Fri 27 Apr 07 10:03am)

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 27 Apr 07 10:07am

Maree

Forum super champ

Hi White Rabbit. Well, if the consensus is author and title, that's fine by me (less typing).

Just wanted to check as some forums insist on the whole bibliographic thing *plus* ISBN.

Cheers!

Likes (0)