Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Wed 02 May 07 11:09am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: Jamie at Home

And I quote
"Australian chickens are not fed hormones. Nor are they administered hormones in any other way. Their rapid growth occurs naturally due to selective breeding and optimal nutrition. Independent tests by the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, as part of the National Residue Survey, confirm that Australian chicken meat is free of added hormones."
from http://www.chicken.org.au/page.php?id=150

Likes (0)

#12 Wed 02 May 07 11:11am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

That website is worth a look. It answers most of the questions including why there is a belief that chickens in australia are given hormones. Some chickens do get given antibiotics, perhaps your friend is just not familiar with the difference.

Likes (0)

#13 Wed 02 May 07 6:42pm

mutiny

From Melbourne
Member since Mon 30 Apr 07

im not sure, but a chicken that gets scared to death like that isnt something i really wanna eat anyhow. He probably doesnt know the difference (nor does he know what they're given), but he does know what he sees.

Like i said, i havent seen it for myself, so to me its just an interesting topic.

Likes (0)

#14 Wed 09 May 07 9:05am

DefaultName

Member since Fri 04 May 07

Honestly, I do the same thing whenever I marinate my meats.

Likes (0)

#15 Thu 10 May 07 6:43am

michelle26

From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 27 Sep 05

Great link White Rabbit   thumbsup

Likes (0)

#16 Thu 10 May 07 9:06am

PATTY_PJ

Occupation Fifteen Trainee
From Melbourne, VIC
Member since Wed 21 Mar 07

lol  i could not help but laugh at that last part in ur paragraph mutiny...hehe....yes i do agree i think pple WOULD be rather put off if they only had part of the produce and not the entire. VERY funny thought! tongue

Likes (0)