Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 07 May 07 9:52pm

linaferro

Occupation Translator
From Brazil
Member since Sat 21 Apr 07

Very simple, elegant baked tomatoes

Hi, everyone!
This is a very simple idea, and I'm sure most of you are familiar with it, but I liked it so much, I've decided to share it...
I went to this French restaurant here in São Paulo, and they served both our meals with this lovely side of baked tomatoes. Basically, you get small ripe tomatoes, cut their tops, carefully remove the core and chop it into small cubes, season with salt, peper, fine herbs and olive oil, put it back inside the tomato, cover with the tops and bake.
Of course, you can add whatever you like (cheese, meat, etc.), but this was very light and went well with the provençal octopuss and the grilled Saint Pierre fish we ordered...
Hope you enjoy!
smile

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 08 May 07 3:49am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Re: Very simple, elegant baked tomatoes

Hi linaferro,

I've seen loads of recipes for stuffed tomatoes and I have made few myself, none however have been as simple as your recipe.

Thank you for sharing. thumbsup

Shammy smile

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 08 May 07 4:35pm

linaferro

Occupation Translator
From Brazil

Hi, Shammy,
I'm glad you liked it!!
smile

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 10 May 07 6:05pm

HollandGirl

Occupation Student
From Friesland. Netherlands
Member since Thu 10 May 07

HI Linaferro,

Have you also studied Dutch? I like the sound of the recipe, but I don`t understand everything.. I can see your occupation is translator.. Maybe you learned Dutch?

Hihi, thx

Greetz from the Netherlands

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 10 May 07 10:14pm

linaferro

Occupation Translator
From Brazil

Hello, HollandGirl,
Although I'm a translator and have really good friends from the Netherlands, unfortunately I didn't learn Dutch... I believe I should, though, I'm really looking forward to visiting your country - maybe in a few months!
I only speak Portuguese, English and Spanish (a little French and Italian too, but not fluently).
The thing with the tomatoes is that you have to cut the top, making kind of a lid, and empty the them carefully (if only I had a Dutch dictionary, right?) to use the inside portion as a filling - you cut the inside portion into little cubes, season, and put back in to bake.
Maybe I'd better have my friends translate the recipe into Dutch, I'm not sure I'm being very clear here...
Let me know!

Likes (0)