forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Thu 17 May 07 6:24pm

lukeb

Occupation chef
From malta
Member since Mon 14 May 07

Re: new recipes with a sweeter touch

Does any one know a really good stuffing for duck breast????? My wife's birthday is caming soon and she loves duck!!!!!!!!!with a sweet touching flavour!!!!!

Likes (0)

#12 Thu 17 May 07 11:49pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Try it with cherries. I posted a recipe in the Foodology thread a few months ago for duck breast with cherries or other soft fruit.  It's a Raymond Blanc recipe originally, and very good.  We've made it with blackberries and raspberries in the past, and they do reduce to a jammy consistency, but are also still delicious.

Likes (0)

#13 Thu 17 May 07 11:51pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Ah, found it.

2 duck breasts, trimmed
110g cherries
5tbsp honey
1 glass red wine
1tsp mixed spice

Season the duck with salt and pepper, slash through the skin, and fry skin-side down for 5-6 minutes.  Turn, and add the cherries, honey, wine and spices.  Cook for a further 5-6 minutes.  Remove the duck and set aside to rest.  Reduce the sauce, and adjust the seasoning.  I found I needed more honey and spice than I originally added. 

Cappelli d'angelo with cream and mustard

Cook half a pack of angel hair pasta (250g).  Mix together 6tbsp double cream, 8tbsp white wine, and 2tbsp whole grain mustard.  When the pasta is done, drain and stir into the cream mix.  The acidity of the vinegar goes well with the honeyed, spiced duck.

Notes:  I want to try the duck made with port, instead of wine, but by the time I thought of this the bottle of port I had had mysteriously depleted itself... Also, I think this might be nice with raspberries or blackberries, although I'd add them at the end of the sauce reducing time to avoid a pippy jammy goo.

Last edited by Anna (Thu 17 May 07 11:53pm)

Likes (0)

#14 Sun 20 May 07 7:03pm

lukeb

Occupation chef
From malta

Thanks alot I Will try that out......Anna

i taught of this recipe aswell, it might be good......

Duck reast marinated  in soya and seasami seeds
grilled on BBQ

served with peas and nutmeg puree' with raisones and chopped apricotes...

And I will you that sauce you gave me ANNA!!!!!!

Likes (0)

#15 Sun 20 May 07 7:08pm

lukeb

Occupation chef
From malta

How would you feel about trying to eat or ordering a soup in a reatuarant....
it would be samething like this:::::::
sea food and orange  with carrot and coriander....????

Likes (0)

#16 Sun 20 May 07 7:14pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

I am not too fond of coriander (the herb/cilantro) but love the spice coriander.  So I guess it depends on that. Orange and carrot is somewhat of a classic and makes a nice balance of sweet and sour. With sea food: Nice idea!
For a quick sea food recipe try this:
Fry salmon or shrimps (or whatever you like) in olive oil. Just before it is done, pour over some cointreau (or other orange liqueur). Reduce for just a second. Add a spoonful cream or flambee if you like. Nice with some freshly ground black pepper on top wink

Likes (0)