forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sat 16 Feb 08 1:55pm

Hot-n-Spicy

Member since Sat 16 Feb 08

Re: Chicken Korma Recipe EVER!

Got friends coming round for dinner so going to try this one as like you I've tinkered with korma receipies for years and just can't get it 100% right. mrgreen

Likes (0)

#12 Sat 16 Feb 08 5:31pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Ok, I need to make a comment and ask a question. I saw on a show when it's time to add the garam masala to the ghee or oil they used the whole spices at this point and added a bit of the ground garam masala at the very end of the. I saw it on a show called Food Safari. So since I don't know a lot about cooking Indian food is this way only used for some dishes?

Likes (0)

#13 Sun 17 Feb 08 9:23am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

I wonder about this too..

I have recipes where all the spices are dry roasted until quite dark, then ground, before being blended with onion, garlic & chillies. Then this paste is fried in a little oil before meat & a liquid are added.

Recipes that have whole cardomom pods left in... like little surprises smile

But for most of my curry recipes I mix the listed ground spices to blend them, then fry them off before adding the meat etc.

Likes (0)

#14 Sun 17 Feb 08 10:25am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

It is always a good idea to 'count in ' the amount of cardamon pods that you use so that they can be removed later.

Likes (0)

#15 Sun 17 Feb 08 11:03am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
From Wallerawang, Oz

Im glad Geoff posted that link, (Thanks!) I was wanting to copy some of those into my files.

Would you believe that the dog ate my cookbook? shocked  (probably, I think you all know by now she is completely demon posessed roll )

Its just an old school exercize book, but I have been collecting recipes in that one for almost 15 years... a lot of the recipes were from friends and some were family "secrets".

Most of it is salvagable (sp?) but Im too heartbroken to do it right now... have bought a nice new book, but I have weeks of work ahead of me, sticking things back together then re-writing them.

Likes (0)

#16 Sun 17 Feb 08 11:21am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Oh no , frizz, how annoying and upsetting... but look on the bright side..that dog of your did 'consume a little knowledge' big_smile

Likes (0)

#17 Sun 17 Feb 08 12:04pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
From Wallerawang, Oz

lol

So far she has been really destructive... she is almost never home alone, it seems the more attention she gets the more she wants, and when she is we have to lock her in the bathroom (thats where she sleeps of a night)

She has ripped up a section of carpet that is sun damaged... its is in front of glass sliding doors.

Tore the lino in the kitchen.

Torn the cardboard box our new garden shed came to a thousand peices.

When she was very small she chewed up the corner on my then brand new timber coffee table. She just thought she would have a go while lying in front of the heater. (its one of thse huge tables with 2 drawers in them)

And of course until she got used to being locked in the bathroom she would chew the timber door surrounds.... how she managed to chew them & howl at the same time is a mystery.

Should see what she does when you try to take her for a walk... just about chokes herself to death...

She is a complete psycho...

Oh, and how could I forget, she murdered one of our chickens last week. sad

My fault of course, I forgot to tell my daughter the chickens were out wondering around and she let the pup out. The pup cant seem to help herself, it it moves she must chase it... I think our cat is having a nervous breakdown... its actually starting to behave more like a cat... we used to wonder if it thought it was a dog...

Likes (0)

#18 Sun 17 Feb 08 12:06pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
From Wallerawang, Oz

sorry people rant over! kiss

Likes (0)

#19 Mon 18 Feb 08 8:50pm

Hot-n-Spicy

Member since Sat 16 Feb 08

Best korma curry ever!
Many thanks

Likes (0)

#20 Sat 12 Apr 08 9:37pm

mestys

Member since Sat 12 Apr 08

Just tried out this recipe and it's fantastic. Thanks!

Likes (0)