Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Wed 09 Jul 08 2:01am

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Re: Whats your weather like today?

I was going to say the same thing minerva about WR temps she's been having! If that was my winter I would be lovin it! Mind you, it'd not that cold where Iam in BC but that it a great temp! I ride out in temps around 5-8C at times and run in the slush... it's all about the layers!

It was such a nice day again! I am going walking after dinner... it's great after 8pm smile The kids ride their bikes and I try and walk/run as fast as I can without looking like a total idiot! But the other night the dreaded mosquitos were out  mad I got bit a few times but they dont usually bite me....

Likes (0)

#32 Wed 09 Jul 08 4:23am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Remember, it's not that warm inside when you're out of the cold here. I knew some german students who complained of the cold here because few houses or flats in sydney have heating. They weren't used to it being 16 inside and only having a small heater.

I've always been a bit surprise at the death toll in european heat waves. The temperatures are not that dissimilar to summer here. I guess it's just a matter of having the means and knowledge of how to keep cool and avoid heat stroke. We do have fatalities here from heat, usually in the elderly due to dehydration or severe heat stroke making an existing condition much much worse.

Likes (0)

#33 Wed 09 Jul 08 9:17am

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

Yesterday evening at cena time, I went around picking up four lettuce leaves to make our table festosa and keep compagnia to the first pomodorini, and kept saying che freddo che freddo!!!  well THE MAN looked at the termometro outside and proclamed solo 20 .................I sat in silence

tutto relativo samobody said

in a previous life I must have been a lizard wink

Likes (0)

#34 Wed 09 Jul 08 10:06am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

woken up to another grey day...its raining....what a suprise  yawn ..maybe sometime in the next week we might see the sun .

Likes (0)

#35 Wed 09 Jul 08 10:10am

Captain C

Forum champ
Occupation Sales
From Essex
Member since Tue 05 Feb 08

rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain  angry

Likes (0)

#36 Wed 09 Jul 08 10:11am

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Hmph.  Don't hold your breath.  Gloom and doom.

Likes (0)

#37 Wed 09 Jul 08 10:14am

DebDiMaggio

Forum champ
Occupation Newbie Mamma
From Italy-UK-Spain
Member since Mon 16 Jun 08

it's boiling hot and humid like an indian summer trust me I would like to see a bit of rain!!!! there's nop chance of getting any work done like this!!!!!!!! the beach is the only answer!!!!!!!!!

Likes (0)

#38 Wed 09 Jul 08 10:33am

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Ergh, jealous of beach too...  The ones here are just too cold to be of any use!  We go up to Ainsdale quite a lot and yesterday it was gusting 20 knots and about 12C.  And hundreds of jellyfish have washed up, adding to the general lovely effect...

Whereabouts in Spain are you, Deb?

Likes (0)

#39 Wed 09 Jul 08 11:05am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

The day just gets better... roll . its now realy tipping down with rain. At least there is no need to water the garden at the monent !!!!

Likes (0)

#40 Wed 09 Jul 08 11:17am

DebDiMaggio

Forum champ
Occupation Newbie Mamma
From Italy-UK-Spain
Member since Mon 16 Jun 08

we're havinga draugh and are not allowed to water plants of gardens....... soon all that will grow is pines and rosemary, cos they like it dry......
I'm in Valencia and we are under alert for forest fires at the mo!! help

Likes (0)