Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Thu 23 Oct 08 12:48pm

Little_Emms

Occupation Super hero at weekends ;o)
From South east England, UK
Member since Wed 08 Oct 08

Re: annoying neighbours ??? what do yours do ?

Its funny most neighbourhoods tend to have ONE family that is just annoying or ruins it for others. Everyone down my street is fine - apart from that ONE family.....

The sons are into drugs, stealing and their friends throw their beer cans just on my front garden (even though there are always wheely bins around and recycling bins - especially for cans & glass!)  angry

Their dad has openly said to a neighbour - don't let your girls leave their bikes out, the youngest lad will steal it..... (er no responsibility for your children!!??)

They don't work - well the poor mum does who seems to get shouted at left, right and centre, yet they have a better car than most of us and the youngest just won 10,000 compensation from his mate from when they had a car crash (driving too fast) - yes he sued his 'friend'.

They're on holiday for 2 weeks at the moment and it is bliss!!!!  big_smile

Why can't all these annoying neighbours live together on one street and leave us law abiding, hard working, bill paying people alone!!!

Rant over - ahhh I feel better!!  wink

Likes (0)

#22 Thu 23 Oct 08 12:59pm

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Since moving into our steet many years ago we have had a number of houses burgaled, the young  guy across the road once held his family up with a shotgun, so we had a seige situation, loads of cops.

In the house next door to this a man committed suicide, then a couple of years later that house burnt down, very scary time for all of us.

I guess it takes all kinds to make a neighbourhood whistle

Last edited by shammrok (Thu 23 Oct 08 1:08pm)

Likes (0)

#23 Thu 23 Oct 08 1:07pm

choc chops

Forum champ
Occupation Restaurant Manageres
From Essex
Member since Mon 24 Mar 08

Blimy...lil em and sham you both have had your fair share of neighbours from hell!!  yikes   

Mine are ok here, dont really know them that well but there no trouble.

Likes (0)

#24 Thu 23 Oct 08 1:30pm

geelong

Occupation mum of 2
From australia
Member since Wed 15 Oct 08

there was a siege up the street from us a man strangled his girlfriend  then he burnt the house down he held the police at bay for 7 hour with a gun .It was all over the news.

Likes (0)

#25 Thu 23 Oct 08 1:44pm

Little_Emms

Occupation Super hero at weekends ;o)
From South east England, UK
Member since Wed 08 Oct 08

Geelong and Shammrok have made me feel better.

I have to admit the family down my street aren't pleasant - but compared to my previous neighbours when I lived somewhere else in a ground floor flat, they seem ok!

I'd been at previous flat only 3 weeks to see customs & excise were in there... had gone in with a battering ram. Strange goings on continued for about 3 months I reckon, when all of a sudden - at 4am on a Friday was woken to very loud voice "Armed Police - open the door" - which in the UK - armed police are not an every day occurence... I found out from neighbours who had been observing the goings on that they'd used a thermal imager to see if they were in there and all sorts.

I had apparently been living next to armed robbers - well they kept their "goods" in the flat next door to me (2m it said in the press!) and had been hiding out in there for 2 months ... and it wasn't just the police but apparently the 'flying squad'!!!!

It also came out in the press when they were convicted that they'd been being funded by the national lottery to start an all-black youth football team - when in fact they were a youth bank robbing team (with all races!)!!! 

lol  lol  lol - You have to laugh or you'd just cry at the national lottery idiocy!!!!

Last edited by Little_Emms (Thu 23 Oct 08 1:45pm)

Likes (0)

#26 Thu 23 Oct 08 1:48pm

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

All that and I live in a street where everyone owns there own home, and it is considered to be a good place to live and buy real estate.

I guess you just never really know your neighbours, or would you really wnat to know them whistle

Likes (0)

#27 Thu 23 Oct 08 3:09pm

whitedog

Forum champ
Occupation striving to be a better human
From america
Member since Sat 09 Feb 08

If the dog were really viscious there wuold have been blood long before this. Be firm with him, grab him and give him a nice cuff, friendly and informative like, get him to see you and respond to you, see if he'll begin to register that there can be some real response, he could be a good friend. He obviously is trying to catch your attention. Find out his name and shout to him. Bring a toy with you, a ball or something.

As for the loud neighbors, don't you think some direct communication should be made first? Give them a chance however inconsiderate they might be to spare them some very bad times, and who knows, they might calm down. The police as a first option is a sure recipe for heightnened catastrophe. But it is your karma...

Last edited by whitedog (Thu 23 Oct 08 7:03pm)

Likes (0)

#28 Thu 23 Oct 08 3:19pm

whitedog

Forum champ
Occupation striving to be a better human
From america
Member since Sat 09 Feb 08

Those very seriously criminal types, whew. I ran a soup kitchen out of a converted bus many years ago and only once did some very scary people come by, two men in black tshirts, quiet and sullen and somehow obviously very violent, the kind of people you don't want to know you exist. They left and never showed up again. To live near people like that would be just crazy.

Likes (0)

#29 Thu 23 Oct 08 4:22pm

Elvis Parsley

Forum champ
Occupation Checking your Missus out
From www.myspace.com/elvisparsley
Member since Tue 29 Jun 04

It's getting like the flipping Bronx down our street.  Saturday the ropey old tart from 4 doors down put a horrible wicker chair outside OUR house with "Please take me" written on it.

I added a sign advising interested parties that if they wanted more information on fly tipping they should knock on her door, then she really kicked off when I put it on her doorstep.  Then some Polish people took it.  Hope they have disinfectant

Likes (0)

#30 Thu 23 Oct 08 4:30pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

geelong wrote:

He use to yell at all hours not so bad now since someone ran him over.

So glad you noticed this one first, Chockers! My OH laughed 'til his eyes leaked when he read this!

Likes (0)