Jamie Oliver

forum: Gardening / Growing

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 19 Dec 08 6:17pm

AbraC

Member since Fri 19 Dec 08

Savoury pastry

Hi Everyone.  I'm home in the UK for Christmas but I don't have my 'Jamie At Home' recipe  book with me. I want to make a  pie for some friends but I can't find Jamie's savoury pastry on any of the websites, can anyone post it for me please?   I have other shortcurst recipes but I particularly want to try the one from the 'At Home' book as I made the sweet pastry he lists and it was really lovely.  Happy Christmas to all.

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 17 Jan 09 12:53pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: Savoury pastry

bumping this up to the top of the page

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 17 Jan 09 9:06pm

TheBeast2

Forum champ
Member since Fri 31 Aug 07

Re: Savoury pastry

500g plain flour
200g cubed lard
50g grated cheddar cheese
sea salt
sprig of rosemary (leaves picked)
few sprigs fresh thyme (leaves picked)
2 large eggs (beaten)
splash of milk
flour, to dust

Put flour, lard, cheese and salt in a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until mixture is fine and crumbly. Add the rosemary and thyme leaves.

(I will add, make sure everything is as cold as possible. Put the processor in the fridge for a few hours. Put the fat in the freezer for half an hour, before you start)

Add the eggs and milk. Pulse to bring the mixture together.
Scoop the mixture onto a clean, floured work surface and pat it flat. When you have a compact, flat round, wrap in clingfilm (I would suggest you use greaseproof, instead. Make sure it has been in the fridge for a few hours, as well) and place in the fridge for at least half an hour.

Likes (0)