Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sat 03 Jan 09 8:15pm

whitedog

Forum champ
Occupation striving to be a better human
From america
Member since Sat 09 Feb 08

Re: Sod crime fighting, this is what I would do if I were Batman

He had a camera attached to his leg, I think.

Gees, those guys are something. Who invented the suit and who tried out the rejects? I kept rtying to figure out where and how they landed til I saw his chute open, but still. How do these guy have a normal conversation, was ridilin in their childhoods?

Actually, they must extremely calm. Weekend mercenaries? Stunt men.

Last edited by whitedog (Sat 03 Jan 09 8:44pm)

Likes (0)

#12 Sat 03 Jan 09 8:54pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

yeah he did but he also had a following cameraman.. on the last sceen you will see both of them pulling their chutes.. . he doesn't get as closeto the mountain as the first guy but he is focusing a camera on something else as he is flying . even if it is on his helmet his attention is split while doing that  ammazing.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#13 Sun 04 Jan 09 1:52am

Rohroh

Forum champ
Occupation Fibre Artist / Single Mum
From Belfast NI
Member since Fri 10 Oct 08

...WOW... shocked

Likes (0)

#14 Sun 04 Jan 09 1:56am

whitedog

Forum champ
Occupation striving to be a better human
From america
Member since Sat 09 Feb 08

Ashen wrote:

yeah he did but he also had a following cameraman.. on the last sceen you will see both of them pulling their chutes.. . he doesn't get as closeto the mountain as the first guy but he is focusing a camera on something else as he is flying . even if it is on his helmet his attention is split while doing that  ammazing.

Agreed, so outrageous, but there was more than one camera following him hence the camera catching them pulling their chutes, a lot of shots looked really grainy as in very long, but also moving so its confusing...at least for me. But still that guy caught a lot of the flight....But those suits, they don't have alot of sail to them, they go in at the waist, they looked to be even belted, the tail between the legs is full but the body is so slightly webbed or whatever you call it. Its weird. I guess too much fabric was too tough to control. As I recall from Disney documentaries flying squirrels kind of crash land, sort of bounce into the grass, I wonder if eventually the flying humans will figure out how to land with the flying suit.

Last edited by whitedog (Sun 04 Jan 09 2:28am)

Likes (0)

#15 Mon 05 Jan 09 10:12pm

Mr Grumpy

Forum champ
Occupation Sh*t Finder
From Coventry
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

When's he going to try that with a GPMG and a couple of mortar rounds in his container?

Likes (0)

#16 Mon 05 Jan 09 10:52pm

TheBeast2

Forum champ
Member since Fri 31 Aug 07

Surely, if you did that, you'd do it over a populated area, dress as Superman, and aim to be out of sight when you pull the chute cord?

All the better if you can get a mate to light a large bonfire over the horizon, and let people watch you 'fly' towards the cloud of smoke.

Likes (0)