forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 02 Feb 09 8:20pm

Lady Caron

Member since Mon 02 Feb 09

Left over (from Sundal Lunch) BRITISH Shoulder of Pork

After watching Jamie's very interesting programme the other night about British Farmers/Pork I decided to what I felt I was compelled to do - visit my local butcher (which is not very often - its usually my local Asda) and ask him for a British shoulder of Pork.  He laughed and said "have you been watching Jamie?", "oh yes" I replied, he said "your'e about the 10th person this morning to come in here and say that".
The shoulder of pork slow roasted for about 5 hours (with super duper crackling) on veg was SUPERB.  I made a fantastic gravy with a couple of glasses of wine which just finished it of brilliantly. 
My left over piece of pork made a fantastic pork and leak pie for tonights tea.  Just the same recipe that I followed for Jamies Christmas turkey recipe but using the pork instead.  It wend down a storm with steamed cabbage.  Not a word was spoken at the table until it had all gone.  Thanx Jamie, youre fantastic.!! I  will be sharing my recipes with the girls from work tomorrow. clap

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 02 Feb 09 8:22pm

Lady Caron

Member since Mon 02 Feb 09

Re: Left over (from Sundal Lunch) BRITISH Shoulder of Pork

clap

Likes (0)