forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 05 Feb 09 10:48pm

Mya

Member since Thu 05 Feb 09

Kinda passed it on

Hello just thought I'd take a peek and and say Hi and to let you know something fun has been happening in Hampshire, recently I catered for a 50th  b'day in our local pub for 60 odd peeps, I decided on a pie and a pint night thought I give your steak guiness and cheese pie ago, well all I can say is that I cooked 60 and they were demolished in a nanosecond and from that day to this the demand is unbelieveable, You have made a lot of big bearly men very happy all screaming for pies to fill there freezers up with and to take to work, I tried my best but could not keep up demand for these little gems so in essence i've been passing it onto the wives who have asked!! and thats been fair few, anyway just thought I'd pass onto you what an inspiration you are to me and mentor in my kitchen and if you ever fancy setting up a pie shop in the south I'm your women lol

kindest regards

mya

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 05 Feb 09 11:11pm

ACDC

Forum champ
Occupation Bewitched, bothered and bewildered Mother
From Ireland
Member since Tue 19 Aug 08

Re: Kinda passed it on

Great stuff, betcha it feels good. What's next on the agenda????
Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here and have fun.   smile

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 05 Feb 09 11:12pm

Mr Grumpy

Forum champ
Occupation Sh*t Finder
From Coventry
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

Hi, Mya.  Are you anywhere near Lyndhurst or Brockenhurst?

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 05 Feb 09 11:16pm

Mya

Member since Thu 05 Feb 09

Hi ya

Portsmouth however I can deliver down your way lol anything for a day out in the new forest lol oh can you put your pic on here didn't know that, nice bike by the way

mya

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 05 Feb 09 11:48pm

Mr Grumpy

Forum champ
Occupation Sh*t Finder
From Coventry
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

No, I don't live there but my elder son was at Winchester and we used to drive there on Sundays and get some great food (including spectacular pies) at the Rose and Crown in Brockenhurst and buy some good venison from a butcher in Lyndhurst.  I love Pompey; all that naval history and Gales HSB.  To get an avatar you have to be a regular contributor for a year or astound the regulators with your gastronomic brilliance, so let the pies do the talkin'!

Do you do your own pastry?

Last edited by Mr Grumpy (Thu 05 Feb 09 11:49pm)

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 06 Feb 09 9:55am

pennysaints

Forum champ
Occupation "Homemaker" and lovin it!
From Southampton
Member since Tue 10 Oct 06

Mya, where abouts are you in Pompey? Have you set up in business from home? Do you only deliver? They sound fab and were just up the road as you can see!!
all the best thumbsup

Likes (0)