forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 15 Feb 09 8:09pm

habosh

Member since Sun 15 Feb 09

A New Member Saying Hi

Hi Everybody, I am a new member and would like to say HI to everyone. I am an Egyptian citizen, so if anyone would like to ask anything about our popular food just send me

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 15 Feb 09 8:15pm

Nutty Nette

Occupation Facilities Manager
From Hemel
Member since Wed 17 Dec 08

Re: A New Member Saying Hi

Hi Habosh
Love to know something about your food. My only knowledge is breads bean based spicy dishes and I believe very little meat content. unfortuately one place I have not yet visited. Done Kenya. India all off, Costa rico, Malasia, singapore and others but your country is high on my list. I do mean the country not the flashy cruise.
Love this site Nutty Nette

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 15 Feb 09 8:55pm

habosh

Hi Nuttu Nette
Really Thanks for the reply, our food is great specially for someone like you who tastes it for the first time but it's not all spicy , And about Egypt, Egypt is great and it will be great if you give it a visit, if you really decide to come here just tell me and I'll help you to have a great Tour here

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 15 Feb 09 9:05pm

Nutty Nette

From Hemel

Hi habosh
I,d love that Ilived out in India touring all over I drove which makes me really mad ! and did two months in costa rico flew all over it was great. Camel tour in tunisia through the desert. Makes me Nutty to my mates but I like the live local to come to britain and only see Buckingham palace is sad we have reat monuments ad great people. But as any where local advise is key to a great trip.
Was I right about the meat content? and do you have a basic meal you always eat ?

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 15 Feb 09 9:12pm

habosh

About the meat, most of our local meals doen't contain meat espicially now as meat here is very expensive so poor people can't buy it but we have another alternate to meat which poor people always eat which is Beans, it's just like meat and has lots of protein

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 15 Feb 09 9:16pm

Nutty Nette

From Hemel

That was my knowledge of your food hereitage I think it come from storage problems and issues with getting it to you. Some of the best vegitarian and bean based dishes where southern india same problems. Best food in the world to me right now, feed me on a banana leaf in a local venue, no napkins, required heaven.

Likes (0)