forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Wed 09 Dec 09 12:36pm

jackiecs

Member since Wed 09 Dec 09

Re: Help - How do I make the best lasagna in the world?

i have just made the sauce for Jamies Simple Baked Lasagne from the Jamies Dinners book. The sauce smells and tastes divine, BUT it is very very liquid.. too liquid to put into a lasagne...  I have put it on the gas hobs, lid off to try and reduce, but please tell me if I am doing something very obviously wrong, or any advice on what to do next.
thanks.

Likes (0)

#32 Fri 12 Oct 12 5:39pm

samanthacarter6

Member since Fri 12 Oct 12

that's funny!

I make lasagnes for work and i make a red sauce: first i fry some bacon lardons ( just some streaky bacon, thats best and cut into little strips fry them off so they are quite well done i add some onion an fry that off then some mushroom and fry that off then add garlic paste too, i leave that just on a light heat while i get the other bot ready which is tin toms, tom paste, roasted red and yellow peppers, salt pepper and i like to add italian seasoning which i just buy ready mixed but it consists of
dried basil
dried marjoram
dried oregano
dried sage (half as much as the others)

I add it all together and let it simmer for about twenty minutes then cook the mince and mix it together and simmer for about 15 mins.

Now i used to make bechamel quite well but i spoke to an italian chef who said no no no lol he said which i now do.... a layer of cream on the bottom and sprinkle a handful of GRATED mozza cheese then a layer of pasta then a layer of meat layer of pasta then if you wante to a little cream and cheee again then pasta then meat blah blah then the top once you have layered pasta on the meat redo the cream and mozza cheese, add a little cheddar and i put a little red leiscester cheese too to make it look mwah smile  tongue

once cooked sprinkle with a little parsley

yum yum smile

Likes (0)

#33 Sun 14 Oct 12 2:53pm

samanthacarter6

Member since Fri 12 Oct 12

just realised this was 3 yrs ago!!! lol!!!!  well that long reply above wasnt worth it!!! a bit late!!! lol

Likes (0)

#34 Sun 14 Oct 12 3:18pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

That's ok! lol  It's always nice when some of the old threads pop up.

Likes (0)

#35 Mon 12 Nov 12 6:01pm

JOFoodTube

Member since Mon 12 Nov 12

Hi Pastamaker,

I know this post was 4 years ago! It's a really good question, would make a great story!
I am currently working on Jamie's brand new YouTube Channel which is launching in January 2013. Could you send me a email via this forum so I can get in touch with you directly regarding how we might be able to use some of your great questions on the channel?

Cheers

Charles.

Likes (0)