Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 18 Feb 10 11:43am

Danny

Jamie's Better Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Chat about Jamie's Food Revolution and connect with others

Hi everyone,

Since Jamie's TED acceptance speech last week we have had amny emails from people wanting to offer their support and also asking for assistance. This is the place to share your ideas and connect with anyone else in your local area who may be doing great things with food as well. In time we will create specific threads for regions and countries so that it will be easy for you to connect with others wherever you are.

Thanks for your support

Danny

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 20 Feb 10 6:47pm

leilahx

Member since Wed 01 Jul 09

Re: Chat about Jamie's Food Revolution and connect with others

Hello, Do you know if Jamie will be at the opening of Cambridge Jamie's Italian...  Me his biggest fan, only 14  smile  Thanks x

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 01 Mar 10 3:07pm

trudij

Member since Wed 27 Jan 10

Hi Danny,

Writing to you from Toronto, Canada. I love your food revolution and really feel that we need a program here.  I got a call from my step-daughter who is 26 and married and asked me how to cook.  She lives off take-out food.  Now that she has a child she is really getting concerned.  I told her I would spend a day with her cooking some simple meals.  I brought over tons of ground chicken(free-range, inexpensive)>Simple-We made meatballs, chili, lasagne,meatball soup. (all from ground chicken)She couldnt believe how easy and inexpensive it all was.  She had food for a week.  I think we need to build a school cook book for all the schools around the world and have people bringing it to the schools.  Cooking needs to become a lifelong habit.
Cheers!!

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 02 Mar 10 7:08pm

tbalder

Member since Tue 02 Mar 10

Hi Jamie,

I just wanted to write to you and let you know how exited I am that you are going to be educating the world about the importance of good nutrition and health through your TV show "Jamie Oliver's, Food Revolution".  I am so proud that you (like me) have joined forces to make a difference in the lives of others about the importance of eating more fruits and vegetables every day.  The health benefits of this are numerous as you know, some of them being:  protection against cancer, builds a stronger immune system, prevention of chronic illness, protection against heart disease and the ability to slow down the effects of aging.

How many people actually eat the required servings of "raw" fruit and vegetables every day?  Virtually all of us fall short of the quantity of raw fruits and vegetables required to protect us from illness and disease.  Making a difference in our children's lives has been a mission of mine (like yours) ever since my recent battle with a Giant Cell Tumor of bone.  My children were 4 months and 20 months old at the time I headed for surgery and I was determined to have a new lease on life.  My husband is my rock and my children are my world and I was determined to live for them.  This is when I started studying the connection between diet and health.

Realizing that all major diseases are influenced by diet, I was determined not to let my medical problem repeat itself.  This is why I have decided to educate everyone about the importance of eating whole foods, exercising and taking the right supplements everyday to help protect you from illness and disease.

Once I increased my diet rich in fruits and vegetables I started to feel better, my healing time decreased and I had more energy.  The answer was clear to me.  I found my whole food supplement in Juice Plus and added it to my diet immediately as I knew I still wasn't getting enough fruits and vegetables into my diet. However, Juice Plus is NOT a substitute for fruits and vegetables. It just helps me bridge the gap between what I should eat and what I am actually eating every day.  Juice Plus contains 17 of the healthiest fruits and vegetables and is dried at low temperatures, removing the water, sugar, salt and bulk.  These nutritious juice powders are then put into capsules, chewables and gummies!  Since I discovered that one of the secrets to good health is to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables that contain disease fighting chemicals called "phytonutrients" my health has never been better.  Juice Plus has great science behind it and it made good sense.  Since changing my diet and adding Juice Plus to my daily routine I rarely get sick even with my little angels coming home from school with germs everyday.  This is why I am pleased to educate and recommend to everyone the importance of good nutrition and Juice Plus!

Congratulations on your quest....I know you will have a dramatic impact on those you educate and can't wait to come on board with you and start a "food revolution"!

Your dear friend,
Trina B
pureandsimplejuiceplus.com

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 04 Mar 10 1:11am

angmwilson

Member since Wed 03 Mar 10

I haven't really kept up with Jamie Oliver since I lived in Australia but the TED speech was great. I saw an ad for the TV show and got on the web to find out more. When did home ec stop being taught in American schools??? Kids are not taught how to cook, how to buy a house or open a bank account anymore! Life skills should be taught from the beginning at elementary school. I am a chef. I am a teacher in a culinary school, some of our students who want to be chefs don't know where food comes from... I am trying to design a summer camp program for kids at the school, for young kids 9 - 12 ish. We have to start somewhere. Jamie Oliver if you are ever in Memphis stop by and talk to us.
Thanks for the hard work, you've come a long way since the Naked Chef!
Ang

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 09 Mar 10 6:16pm

rivera524

Member since Tue 09 Mar 10

The HTML code isn't anywhere to be found. so I can't post it on my facebook. Help!!!

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 10 Mar 10 5:55am

pcroshal

Member since Wed 10 Mar 10

Hello from San Francisco. I'm a Chef here in the City and I know a  great many of us would love to volunteer and help in any capacity, from cooking to giving demos to washing pots and pans. Is there a time frame on when things will be starting up?

Likes (0)

#8 Wed 10 Mar 10 3:50pm

Aubrizzle

Member since Wed 10 Mar 10

Hi, Jamie!!

I'm 14, coming from Poulsbo, Washington.
For most of my life, I was in the public school, consuming their idea of a "well balanced school lunch".
One day, we noticed that the truck delivering the food to our school was marked, noting that they supply food to the prison!
Believable, indeed! The food was ridiculous! You could form a ball out of the "cheese" and it would bounce about 5 feet off the ground. The only salad dressing they offered was ranch, and the salad only contained ice burg lettuce, so it was very lacking in green.
Don't even get me started on their meat and cheese nachos.
I transfered to a private school about two years ago.
Recently, I have become quite the foodie! I went vegetarian and I'm also a pretty firm believer in homeopathy! So, I REALLY love your cause! I wish I could sign your petition a thousand times over! I put the link on my facebook  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Likes (0)

#9 Thu 11 Mar 10 12:41am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Welcome here Aubrizzle,
Poor students, and poor prisoners! We need a prison food revolution too!
14 is a great age to be getting into cooking, you will be set for life! Cheers! smile

Likes (0)

#10 Thu 11 Mar 10 8:56am

klmleung

Occupation Engineering student + pastry trainee
From London
Member since Thu 11 Mar 10

Hi everyone,

I am from Malaysia studying in UK at the moment. Just joined the forum and started recently checking out Jamie's campaigns past and present. Really appreciate Jamie for stepping forward and taking the lead.

There were many people in the past who have started their our campaigns just like Jamie and some are considered successful I would say. However, the scale and impact was small. This time, the timing seems to the right (with more and more people getting into cooking nowadays) and with Jamie's status known quite widely across the world, really looking forward to see if this campaign can cause a big enough push to get the ball rolling.

Does anyone know if the show is airing in the UK?

Likes (0)