forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Sun 18 Apr 10 5:24pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Re: IS A HEALTHY FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST POSSIBLE?

Where is the best place to have a full English breakfast in London? That's another one added to my list  wink

Likes (0)

#22 Sun 18 Apr 10 5:25pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

MsP , the bacon the I bought in the US for my family had huge amounts of fat coming out of it when I cooked it , it was as you say streaky bacon .... must say my family loved it , but I was a bit shocked at the amount of fat left in the pan !

In the UK I mostly get 'Back Bacon ' which is far leaner , also I tend to buy 'dry cured' bacon.
I8 do buy streaky bacon if I am making 'pigs in blankets ' which is streaky bacon wrapped around sausages. I will then cook these in the oven.
To cook the pigs in Blankets I get my cake cooling rack and I rest it over a deep sided baking tray ( which I have lined with baking parchment for ease of cleaning )
I then put the bacon wrapped sausages onto the cake rack with a small space in between each and then into the oven to cook.
Great method , drains off the fat as it cooks and browns them all the way round so no need for turning !

Likes (0)

#23 Sun 18 Apr 10 5:31pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

Terry , I sympathize with the dyslexia , but maybe you could find another way of marking your posts so you can spot them easily.. for example, a couple of asterisk at either end of the title could do it.

I have pretty bad dyslexia and for me ,I do find that if something is written in capital letters its harder to read.
It is also very bad forum etiquette and as it is as has previously been said , considered as shouting .

Likes (0)

#24 Sun 18 Apr 10 5:46pm

Stella Heath

Forum champ
Occupation getting along as best I can
From Burgos, Spain
Member since Mon 27 Oct 08

When we're over, OH and I usually do B&B or self-catering, and we do like a full English, but then we don0t have anything ale to eat till the evening, after a hard day's sight.seeing, so I don't think it's too damaging lol  lol

Likes (0)

#25 Sun 18 Apr 10 5:48pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

bcrain wrote:

Where is the best place to have a full English breakfast in London? That's another one added to my list  wink

I would say....my daughters flat !!  lol  lol  lol

Likes (0)

#26 Sun 18 Apr 10 6:28pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

I regret not trying English bacon when we were in GB briefly.  I do love streaky bacon, but yes, the pan is swimming in fat by the time it's cooked, so thanks for the tips mummza.  Pigs in a blanket, that's a blast from the past.  It was a popular dish in the 60's - 70's (?) and I remember people using those canned, refrigerated 'cresent' rolls. tongue

Likes (0)

#27 Sun 18 Apr 10 6:41pm

TerryKay

Forum champ
Occupation Beer Reviewer, Freelance Writer and Pole Dancer at Peppermint Hippo.
From London
Member since Sun 06 Dec 09

Wrote a heartfelt long message regarding my capitals and their continued offenciveness and it didn't go through. As a person that has a high IQ but has, too often been treated as a fool or lout because I can't spell or form coherant sentances it is far more insulting and hurtful when people deem themselves fit to correct you on your ettiquette, gramma and syntex. I know I joke about being a yob and a lout, but I don't ever mean to be offencive in any way and yet am now deemed so due to possibly bad internet gramma.

Brews views, beer reviews, and booze news. Choose YouTube's Beer Goggles Reviews
    Likes (0)

#28 Sun 18 Apr 10 6:53pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

sorry Terry , I did read your post and I do sympathise.
I was just trying to suggest a solution that most would be happy with.
Thought my idea was good.

I have decided that I should no longer worry about my grammar , spelling , sentence construction , time keeping as I have literally no sense of time , organizational skills..which are negligible  and the fact that in my 50's I still cannot reliably tell my left from my right or read a string of numbers accurately , (telephone numbers are a nightmare !)
I no longer worry about all the little red lines that run under the words in my posts until I click on them.

I am good at other things and I am far from daft as a result I find my way around these problems.
Sorry I thought it might be helpful if I suggested using asterisk's either side of your title instead of using capital letters.I did not mean to offend.

Likes (0)

#29 Sun 18 Apr 10 6:55pm

TerryKay

Forum champ
From London

If I DO do anything offencive on here I'd hope that the moderators etc would erase my post, or let me know etc, but I'm not sure it's my manners in question.

Brews views, beer reviews, and booze news. Choose YouTube's Beer Goggles Reviews
    Likes (0)

#30 Sun 18 Apr 10 7:05pm

TerryKay

Forum champ
From London

mummza wrote:

sorry Terry , I did read your post and I do sympathise.
I was just trying to suggest a solution that most would be happy with.
Thought my idea was good.

I have decided that I should no longer worry about my grammar , spelling , sentence construction , time keeping as I have literally no sense of time , organizational skills..which are negligible  and the fact that in my 50's I still cannot reliably tell my left from my right or read a string of numbers accurately , (telephone numbers are a nightmare !)
I no longer worry about all the little red lines that run under the words in my posts until I click on them.

I am good at other things and I am far from daft as a result I find my way around these problems.
Sorry I thought it might be helpful if I suggested using asterisk's either side of your title instead of using capital letters.I did not mean to offend.

Sorry if I sounded like I was attacking you in person. I too have bad idea of time. I love my word processors little red lines etc. I was making a person heartfelt statement to all those that have felt a need to correct me. I try SO SO hard to present correct gramma to the world. It is a touchy subject. But don't take my rant as a dig at one person. More a SHOUT at the world. There are millions and millions of more important things than my CAPITALS.
HUGS

Last edited by TerryKay (Sun 18 Apr 10 7:08pm)

Likes (0)