Subscribe to forums RSS

#2931 Wed 07 Jul 10 5:19am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

Re: The Silk Road

Oooohh baby... they do look good.. thanks Steffie!

Yes the kids are good... Im back to work after 10 years off being a stay at home Mum.. working 4 nights a week at an Italian restaurant nearby.. waitressing/managing...

Just back from my first trip to Sydney proper since I got my licence... driving in traffic is fine.. but I got lost yesterday for an hour, trying to find the turn off to my neices place... took forever.. a 30 minute drive ended up being 90 minutes... oh well, we live & learn...  lol

Likes (0)

#2932 Wed 07 Jul 10 5:25am

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

Mmmm sounds D-lish, Steph!  So nice to see you back.

Likes (0)

#2933 Wed 07 Jul 10 12:41pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Stef they sound wonderful!

Likes (0)

#2934 Mon 12 Jul 10 11:05am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
Occupation Farmer
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

wave Great to see you back, Stef & thanks for your kind words!!

Mmmmm, those; Sticky Sesame Ribs, sound divine yummy !!

Now....don't work too hard - we are into the 2nd week, of our winter school holidays over here, are you as well?, if so - hope your'e having a nice break & take care, sweet Steffie!  kiss

P.S. please, say "HI" to, Mon & Andy, if ya chatting - cheers!
Also, HI, Frizzy, Eddie, Susanne & All!

Likes (0)

#2935 Wed 14 Jul 10 11:03am

AndyH

Occupation Drinks Taster
From Beer Garden
Member since Sun 04 Jul 04

Stef - They do sound good (andy has a surprised face), would it work with Spam too....  tongue

Hi Kris - hope you are all well  cool

Frizz - two words.... Sat Nav! smile

Likes (0)

#2936 Fri 16 Jul 10 10:44am

Kiwi Kris

Forum champ
Occupation Farmer
From New Zealand
Member since Sun 09 Jan 05

Hi ya, Andy - welcome back & it's great to hear from you, thank you!...& I absolutely love your new cool avatar, of yourself & wee mini-mum! big_smile

Your family is sure growing-up! Also, my hubby used to have a fab-looking bike like yours yrs ago - he would be envious! mrgreen

We are all good, thanks for asking! I hope all is well over your way, also?! Hope you are all enjoying some lovely bbq evenings, with your lovely family?!....we are enduring our winter frosts & we can see the snow-topped mountains, over-in-the-horizon! Spring starts in 6wks, yippee!

Well, I'd better go & put-another-log-on-the-FIRE & watch some telly (it's, 8:40pm!), before getting ready for bed........

Also, Stef, hope all is well with you & your family, too?!
....just wondering - are "mid-winter Christmases" popular over your way & maybe yours, Andy & Anyone?...just a few ladies I know over here, who are 'celebrating' mid-year with their families/friends - & it seems to have cottoned-on, with some of the restaurants here as well! Tho! I'll just have to wait until December!   

Until next time(over&out! wave), take care & love to ALL! kiss

Last edited by Kiwi Kris (Fri 16 Jul 10 10:52am)

Likes (0)

#2937 Tue 21 Sep 10 6:22pm

Stefanie

Forum champ
From Flashing my gold
Member since Fri 09 Jul 04

Hello all! Gosh I miss being on here!
Since I started being part of the working world,I've been unable to hang out in the kitchen as much as I did when I was a student. Ironically,the past 2 months have been mostly spent in the kitchen because I'm part of a 3-member-committee who will be churning out a cookbook!
It's for charity and I have to say,it's been a great load of fun although kitchen testing over 100 recipes and prepping them for shooting is not easy!
Respect to food stylists who do this everyday...

We've been eating a lot more though...that's the perks of it! And although this is not part of the cookbook,I want to share something nourishing that my mum has made for me to sustain me all through those gruelling sessions..it's simple,it's comforting and it's satisfying..enjoy!

Double-boiled Ginseng Chicken Soup
1 spring chicken, all skin and fat removed, chopped into pieces
1 slice old ginger
2 stalks spring onions
5 dried red dates, washed well
5 dried longans, washed well
2 pieces of dried ginseng for soup,washed well (can buy from the chinese medical hall)
small handful of dried wolf berries,washed well
salt to taste

HOW:
You need a double boiler for this.
Rub chicken with salt and scald with hot water, throw out the water...place chicken and all the ingredients except wolf berries in a double boiler,top up with boiling water,add salt to taste,and double-boil for 3 hours, removing any scum and oil that rises to the surface. Top up bottom pot with water if need be.
For the last 15 minutes,add in the wolf berries, check seasoning and serve hot.

We do not eat the chicken as all the essence and goodness has been extracted from it, the result should be a clear broth that will energise and warm you up after you drink it!

Likes (0)

#2938 Tue 21 Sep 10 11:10pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

Hey Stef, we miss you too.

Your first cookbook while you are in your 20's.. well I must say no one in here would be surprised...  big_smile

Last edited by frizz1974 (Tue 21 Sep 10 11:11pm)

Likes (0)

#2939 Tue 21 Sep 10 11:54pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

So Cool Stef! It is lovely to see you here!
What is the charity and how did you get involved? smile

Likes (0)

#2940 Fri 12 Nov 10 7:20am

AnnabelleR

Occupation Business
From Usa
Member since Thu 11 Nov 10

Hello Stephanie,
I have already tried some of the recipes you posted. So different from the norm and delicious! I pretty much like all food, and am always willing to try new things. So, surprise me with like recipes, that your grandma , mom, and ones you've come up with for Chinese, Thai, and Malay dishes.
Regards,
Ali.

Likes (0)