Re: Risotto

Matine wrote:

Thank you so much, SonomaEddie, I really appreciate the tip!  smile

De nada smile

Likes (0)

#273 Thu 29 Jul 10 11:22am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

aww crap you did it now Eddie.shocked .  no sauteed onion and no toasting of rice.. All hel is gonna break loose , you done cracked the seventh seal. lol  lol  lol

Sorry earthmum I missed that question. basically what eddie said. It works even with cold sauce  , just add equal parts 1:1 of rice and sauce  and enough stock to cover them. put the pot on the stove and heat and then start adding in the heated stock once the rice absorbs the first bit of stock. Some ppl may have a problem with not toasting the rice but I wil garuantee it will taste awesome anyway.

To work really well ,  the   bolognese or meat sauce should be more like the real northern italian type meat sauces. Almost completely meat based with very very little tomato or extra veg ,not the soupy version that is mostly tomato with a bit of meat.
What my father would call ketchup and ground beef.     lol  It could be done with that kind of sauce but it works much better with an intensely flavoured more traditional meat sauce,  as it will be the main flavouring component of the rice.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#274 Thu 29 Jul 10 6:10pm

Matine

Member since Thu 29 Jul 10

Hello to everyone!

I'm having a dinner and besides to a risotto I will be giving roast chicken breasts with cherrie tomatoes and asparagus. Jamie's recipe is for one person, but I'm making 8 chicken breasts, do you think the cooking time is the same (25 to 35 minutes) or do you recommend that I let them stand in the oven a little more?

Thanks! I'll appreciate your ideas a lot!

Greetings from Mexico,

Maria

Last edited by Matine (Thu 29 Jul 10 6:15pm)

Likes (0)

#275 Thu 29 Jul 10 6:17pm

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

I would say the same.  Just make sure you don't over cook them.  Chicken breasts can dry out in an instant if they're in the oven too long.

Likes (0)

#276 Thu 29 Jul 10 6:19pm

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
From Northern California

Ashen wrote:

aww crap you did it now Eddie.shocked .  no sauteed onion and no toasting of rice.. All hel is gonna break loose , you done cracked the seventh seal. lol  lol  lol

Sorry earthmum I missed that question. basically what eddie said. It works even with cold sauce  , just add equal parts 1:1 of rice and sauce  and enough stock to cover them. put the pot on the stove and heat and then start adding in the heated stock once the rice absorbs the first bit of stock. Some ppl may have a problem with not toasting the rice but I wil garuantee it will taste awesome anyway.

To work really well ,  the   bolognese or meat sauce should be more like the real northern italian type meat sauces. Almost completely meat based with very very little tomato or extra veg ,not the soupy version that is mostly tomato with a bit of meat.
What my father would call ketchup and ground beef.     lol  It could be done with that kind of sauce but it works much better with an intensely flavoured more traditional meat sauce,  as it will be the main flavouring component of the rice.

Wow, I just hear a swooshing sound here and caught out of the corner of my eye what looked like the end of a broom flying past my window help

Likes (0)

#277 Thu 29 Jul 10 7:35pm

Matine

Member since Thu 29 Jul 10

Thank you so much Eddie, you've been really helpful, as always!

Likes (0)

#278 Thu 29 Jul 10 7:47pm

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
From Northern California

You're most welcome.
But you must repay me by posting some good Mexican recipes.
What region are you in?

Last edited by SonomaEddie (Thu 29 Jul 10 7:47pm)

Likes (0)

#279 Thu 29 Jul 10 7:52pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Hmmmmmmm...Mexican Risotto..

.I can feel another 28 pages coming on.... whistle

Likes (0)

#280 Thu 29 Jul 10 7:56pm