forum: Jamie's Food Revolution

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 05 Nov 10 10:03am

mamamichelle

Occupation cook
From New Zealand
Member since Fri 05 Nov 10

Making a difference

I just want to say how much I admire what Jamie is doing with the food revolution.  It has just started airing in New Zealand and I have be totally shocked with how Jamie has been treated.

Personally, over the last 4 years I have lost 65kg by changing the way I see food and the way I cook.  I still have about 10kg more that I would like to lose but am well on my way.

Jamie - if by any chance you have time to read this - be encouraged, education can make such a difference - it has for me and it will for others.  Thank you for caring about others, too many people are inward looking now days but you are looking to how you can help others.
clap

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 05 Nov 10 10:31am

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

Re: Making a difference

Hi mamamichelle and welcome to the forum thumbsup

Also I think congratulations are indeed in order as I believe you have done an amazing work over the last 4 years and its good to know Jamie has been an inspiration.
I dont know you but judging by your short story but yet with a great achievement maybe you could be an inspiration to others around you? What you think?

Cheers and welcome big_smile

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 05 Nov 10 10:41am

mamamichelle

Occupation cook
From New Zealand

Hi Sergio and thank you for your reply.  I do spend time helping and educating friends on healthier ways to cook and I work as a cook and do some catering.  I have been looking for a way to help and inspire people online as I think that is a way of reaching many people but I am a little unsure as to what the best way is.  Any ideas would be very welcome smile

Thank you for your kind welcome

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 05 Nov 10 10:51am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Hi mammamichelle wave

Welcome to the forums smile

Congratulations on your achievements . thumbsup

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 05 Nov 10 10:58am

sergio1972

Forum champ
From Portugal

mamamichelle wrote:

I have been looking for a way to help and inspire people online as I think that is a way of reaching many people but I am a little unsure as to what the best way is.  Any ideas would be very welcome smile

And if you were sure of the best way, HOW would you do it?

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 05 Nov 10 11:15am

mamamichelle

Occupation cook
From New Zealand

Shammrok - thank you smile

Sergio - I would love to be able to set up a website/forum/ something where people could come and get pointers, tips and education on healthy eating but a big focus would also be on matching people up with a personal healthy eating 'buddy' - someone who can give one on one support and encouragement, it could be someone who has 'been there, done that' or someone who is currently on the journey to a healthier life style.
I am a shy person and, for many years struggled with sever depression.  Since changing my life style, I have found that I no longer suffer from depression and have been off antidepressants for over 3 years.  During that time and during my weightloss I found the interenet a life saver really.  I found it very difficult to talk to people face to face.  I am sure I am not the only person who has felt/feels like that. 
I hope that makes some sense smile

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 05 Nov 10 8:18pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
From Portugal

It makes all sense mamamichelle and Im sorry for what you ve been through. However thats all gone as you say. So forget it.
Concentrate on who you are Now and the things you like to do Now!

The ideas that you are sharing with us seem great. Im sure that unfortunantely there are many, too many people who are in the same situation as you were in the past. If you have such strong will to help, what are you waiting for??
You came into this forum to thank Jamie for his amazing work. Great!
Now my most sincere advice is go and do something special of your own, in a field you know so well and make a difference there too.
Sooner than you think you'll have people going into your website to say thank you for how much you've helped them.
You've been there and you know how tough it is, so offer a hand!!

Your ideas are great, but at the moment they re just that: ideas...
Its the time to take action!

Go for it and keep us posted!  big_smile  wink

Likes (0)

#8 Fri 05 Nov 10 8:52pm

nanstertoo

Forum champ
Occupation Retired nurse-midwife
From High Point, North Carolina
Member since Tue 17 Jun 08

Welcome to the forums, Michelle, and congratulations on your successful new lifestyle.  Best of luck in your future endeavors as well. clap

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 06 Nov 10 2:38am

cengland

Forum champ
Occupation teacher
From Darwin, Australia
Member since Wed 08 Sep 10

Congratulations, Michelle.  What a great achievement and success story.  And good on you for wanting to help others this way.  I think your ideas are really good.  It'd be a great thing to take part in.

I wonder if there is, near you, some sort of healthy eating institution or clinic, or a dietitian or nutritionist you could call on, for support and guidance?  Or is there a government website and body for healthy eating that you could piggyback on in NZ?  Perhaps there's even a government or local council grant scheme for such initiatives?  ... Just throwing some ideas around ...

Likes (0)