Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 29 Jul 08 10:46pm

Aronel

Occupation Education
From Alberta, Canada
Member since Wed 12 Dec 07

Where to go to Train/apprentice in Patisserie/Boulangerie

Jamie - anyone in the know.

My Daughter (who lives in Canada) is SERIOUSLY interested in going to a proper School for the culinary arts - Specifically to apprentice in Patisserie & Boulangerie.

I know there are some OK institutes in Canada, but we were wondering about studying in France.

What places in Europe have good solid reputations that you can recommend.
OR
Alternately, who/where can you recommded an aspiring Patisserie to apprentice.
Persons who have European training are highly appraised and sought in Canada & the US.

Thanks
Aronel   yummy

Last edited by Aronel (Tue 29 Jul 08 10:49pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 29 Jul 08 11:11pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: Where to go to Train/apprentice in Patisserie/Boulangerie

Aronel, I have family in this business who have trained in top schools in France and the U.S.   I'd rather give you information via email for privacy sake (their privacy) so if you are interested, please email me.

edit:  I can give you some information about schools and apprenticeships.

Last edited by MsPablo (Tue 29 Jul 08 11:19pm)

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 29 Jul 08 11:24pm

Aronel

Occupation Education
From Alberta, Canada
Member since Wed 12 Dec 07

ahhh, Espana... Good food, good times, good memories! LOL!

Thanks Sabs I'll pass that on to her.

Likes (0)

#4 Sat 29 Jan 11 3:16am

Felicitas

Member since Sat 29 Jan 11

Hello! I am a 21 year old who is very passionate about food and would love to study patisserie. I'll be moving to London in 4 weeks time but the only course I can seem to see any sense in doing is the Cordon Bleu which is something I can't ever imagine myself affording as much as I would LOVE to. Has anyone got any heads up on ideas about other courses in London area OR advise on getting an apprenticeship without any previous kitchen experience? Pleeease smile Willing to work very hard for little cash in exchange for the experience!

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 01 Nov 11 5:29pm

Gu153

Member since Tue 01 Nov 11

MsPablo wrote:

Aronel, I have family in this business who have trained in top schools in France and the U.S.   I'd rather give you information via email for privacy sake (their privacy) so if you are interested, please email me.

Please could you send me some info about this too? I'd love to be a patisserie chef smile x

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 01 Nov 11 5:41pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Get the best training you can afford, apprentice in the best patisserie shop possible.  I'm sure my information on schools is outdated, but I think going to a good school is  going to give you that edge.  You might also consider taking a job over the holidays in a busy patisserie shop and see how you like it.

Likes (0)

#7 Sat 09 Jun 12 6:18am

pujashenoy

Member since Sat 09 Jun 12

hi,
i am an Indian national very keen to intern with a patesserie anywhere in the world..i have no previous professional kitchen experience but bake for my friends and family and lovee absolutely love baking.. i am keen on furthering my passion for the craft but really cant afford cordon bleu and the likes...can anyone help me with where i could possibly hone my skills and not burn a hole in my pocket..maybe an internship or something..ur help is most appreciated...thanks a tonne!

Likes (0)

#8 Fri 20 Jul 12 10:44pm

ee72ts

Member since Fri 20 Jul 12

pujashenoy

I think if you do not want to spend too much money on courses for Patisserie.. you may like to consider NVQ Level 2/3 City and Guilds (General Patisserie and Confectionery)..

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 03 Aug 13 12:03pm

Reema18

Member since Sat 03 Aug 13

MsPablo wrote:

By chance can you email me some information of any good courses or apprentaship that can help my patesserie skills develop. Thank you!

Likes (0)