Jamie Oliver

forum: Jamie's Food Revolution

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 27 Sep 10 7:16pm

mattincinci

Member since Fri 09 Apr 10

super size me

last night on planet green

Documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock puts his health on the line in this examination of the food industry by eating McDonalds for 30 days

anyone see it?

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 27 Sep 10 7:21pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Re: super size me

Yeah, watched it in fascination/horror a few months ago.

I've never been a big fan of fast food, but that was enough to put you off for life.  I couldn't believe that Spurlock carried on with his experiment even against medical advice.

Maybe they should show it in schools, might just put a few kids off!

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 27 Sep 10 7:47pm

akashfool01

Member since Mon 27 Sep 10

A very smart and diplomatic answer. Itís really appreciable and
general.

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 28 Sep 10 1:30am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

They showed it at my daughters school a few years ago and she swore she would never eat maccas again.
Sadly this didn't last very long. But it was good awareness raiding anyway! whistle

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 20 Apr 11 8:59pm

mattincinci

Member since Fri 09 Apr 10

after watching it i gave up sodas and drinking anything that contained calories lol but i had already given up fast food years before the movie came out, i agree they ought to show it in schools! this is the food that is literally killing people.

Likes (0)

#6 Thu 21 Apr 11 8:23am

falconcy

Forum champ
Occupation Project Manager
From Limassol, Cyprus
Member since Tue 19 Dec 06

It certainly put me off of US chain fast food - I have it once a year to remind me why I don't eat it anymore.

That said, Man vs Food was epic and I don't get how Adam isn't the size of a house. I'm jealous, why can't I eat like him and not put weight on  sad

Likes (0)

#7 Thu 21 Apr 11 5:37pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

Ive watched that maybe 2 years ago or so. What impressed me the most - at the time I was working in the Health industry - was the dramatic changes in the cholesterol levels along with triglycerides and other hepatic markers. Cholesterol isnt supposed to have a major change in such a short period! shocked

I think the movie served a few purposes and one was - I think it started there - having McD to start serving salads and soups.
Ironically today is possible to go to a McD and have a healthy meal, go figure roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll

Likes (0)