Jamie Oliver

forum: FAQ's

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Thu 17 Mar 11 11:22pm

jwilcock

Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

Re: Please help me find a good knife sharpener

I was trying to find a decent knife sharpener for years. They didn't seem to exist! About five years ago I accidentally came across the Warthog V-Sharp knife sharpener with diamond coated honing rods They are made in South Africa by two brothers and, by chance, they were demonstrating them in the UK at a trade show. They were shaving the edges off sheets of paper with the blades that were being sharpened.
I was so impressed with the simplicity of these sharpeners that I ordered two cases to sell them on my own website. From there I have sold hundreds of them worldwide to all sorts of knife enthusiasts who have heard of these through various specialized mags and websites.
I personally have two of them in my own kitchen. Everybody who I have given one to is highly impressed with them.
I won't blatently advertise here with links, but look them up on google, and you will find - current price 54.95 with free UK delivery.

If I see J soon I will give him one to see what he thinks of them!

Likes (0)

#22 Thu 19 May 11 11:37pm

pame71

Member since Thu 01 Jul 10

really easy
where they sell tools also sell stones for sharpening knives thumbsup

Likes (0)

#23 Tue 06 Sep 11 3:45am

Tatletz

From Sydney, NSW, Australia
Member since Wed 08 Jun 11

What do you guys think about diamond sharpening stones? Some reckon they are the best way to sharpen your knifes, especialy japanese chefs highly recommend them   smile

Likes (0)

#24 Tue 06 Sep 11 10:20am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

I think they are an easy way to sharpen a cheap knife and a fast way to ruin a good one.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#25 Thu 08 Sep 11 10:31pm

Tatletz

From Sydney, NSW, Australia
Member since Wed 08 Jun 11

Thanks Ashen, good to know as I was just about to buy one. I would like to share my bad experience with this electric sharpeners. Few weeks ago I bought one and will NOT touch it again. It left bad dents and ugly reshaped the edges on my knives. Silly me, I should have red what other members posted in this forum  sad

Likes (0)

#26 Mon 01 Jul 13 6:14pm

jason8899

Banned
Member since Mon 17 Jun 13

JoyYamDaisy wrote:

Welcome Lawrie smile
What a fascinating post. I would be a little bit nervous of those slaughtermen's knives! whistle  But they would need them sharp!

That's a good thing.  To have a healthy fear/respect for the knives.  Then you won't become complacent and to dumb things with them or sake silly risks.  And that's when injuries occur.see more best knife sharpener: http://www.bestknifesharpenerpro.com

Likes (0)

#27 Tue 01 Jul 14 6:36am

benjarmyn

Member since Wed 28 May 14

Electric knife sharpeners do get a bit of bad press, but I think people need to understand that these are meant for more standard knives. If you use your high-end knives on them, then they will get damaged. However, for cheaper models using a knife sharpener can really save you a lot of time and money. I like the models made by Chef's Choice: http://www.bestknifesharpeneronline.com … 30-review/

Likes (0)

#28 Tue 01 Jul 14 9:00am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired
From Surin, N.E. Thailand
Member since Mon 29 Dec 08

I bought this one just recently to replace one that I'd had for 18 years which was past it's best. The "blades" are ceramic. I use it every time I use the knife and it is adequate. How good it is for sharpening "blunt" knives, I don't know.

Likes (0)