Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 06 Jul 11 8:26pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

What have you been searching for today?

I have been seraching for a rat and for a job, or was it the other way round....can they be classed the same....

Last night i stayed up late alone to watch a favorite TV program, when the publicity arrived i thought the i'd go to the kitchen to tidy.

I saw a long grey tail disappearing behind my dish washer yikes  shocked

It reminded me that i had heard noises in the the lower cupboard under the sink for two days, i was too shocked to move and then called out to others sleeping upstairs that there was a rat in the kitchen....i was trembling.

Hubby came down and i had to repeat a few times what i had seen, darling son asked if i was sure and what colour was the tail....i answered that i was not yet senile and imagining monsters neutral

So this morning i had an appointment, after my shower i closed myself in my bedroom and when i came home i did the same, hubby this afternoon made sure that the rat ate some poison and then departed the way he had arrived....the kitchen bay windows....

Oh and the job interview hmm  question  help  crossed

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 06 Jul 11 8:29pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: What have you been searching for today?

good luck with the job interview.

Good luck with the rat !
Remember that are usually not alone so keep putting the stuff out for them for a while.

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 06 Jul 11 10:17pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

ooooh kye what a terrible mix getting ready for the interview and having that in the kitchen.
good luck for your job crossed  crossed  crossed

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 06 Jul 11 11:34pm

Kye

Forum super champ

No noise tonight, the kitchen is just behind me and i am feeling at home again....

i'll let you know for the job roll I am absolutely perfect for the post offered tongue.... once again....!!!!

but not being the young cute sexy candidate i'll probably not get the job and it will not be the frst time evil

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 06 Jul 11 11:46pm

Kye

Forum super champ

mummza wrote:

Good luck with the rat !
Remember that are usually not alone so keep putting the stuff out for them for a while.

mummza, you have me worried again yikes it is the first time that i have seen such a thing in my home, i am completly disgusted, everything has been soaked and the in the dish washer afterwards.. help

We had a few mice a couple of years ago, which i could handle, but rats never !!

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 06 Jul 11 11:54pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

It miight have been a vole, voles are quite a lot larger and chunkier than mice , they sometimes find the way into a  house.

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 06 Jul 11 11:55pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

oh and good luck in the interview. crossed

Likes (0)

#8 Thu 07 Jul 11 12:00am

Kye

Forum super champ

Thanks mummz, i will be contacted soon, the place i went to today was another agency that fish CV's out from the net, have had quite a few of interested but no interests on my part, but i'd like to have this job crossed

edit: sp

Last edited by kye in france (Thu 07 Jul 11 12:03am)

Likes (0)

#9 Thu 07 Jul 11 12:08am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

kye in france wrote:

mummza wrote:

Good luck with the rat !

mummza, you have me worried again yikes it is the first time that i have seen such a thing in my home, i am completly disgusted, everything has been soaked and the in the dish washer afterwards.. help

We had a few mice a couple of years ago, which i could handle, but rats never !!

One or two isn't too bad, I just watched an episode of Hoarders and this guy had over 2,000 rats. He moved out of his house into his office..he wouldn't get rid of them because he considered them pets. It was gross, they would actually crawl all over him.

Likes (0)

#10 Thu 07 Jul 11 12:22am

Kye

Forum super champ

coh, we have had female familiale rats for years...each of my sons had one or two, they were cute and white and brown, very affectionate, intelligent..........

I could never pick one up and say 'how cute', i may have stroked one or two but that is all.

This new beast was a real big grey rat that no one want's to see yikes  shocked

Likes (0)