forum: Gardening / Growing

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 05 Oct 11 9:31am

PaulPot

Member since Mon 26 Sep 11

No-dig gardening revolution.

Great to see you leading the way with the 'food revolution'. What's needed next is a 'garden revolution'. Sustainable gardening and farming, which first of all means no-dig gardening. No-dig exploits mulch, living mulch, ground covers and companion plants to create an environment where the worms and beetles take over and dig the garden for you. To get started you might try reading the works of Ruth Stout, she used hay mulch to grow her veggies and wrote a number of books. Next there's "The One Straw Revolution" by Masanobu **** who grew his rice in a living mulch of clover. And surely you must have heard of Permaculture. Jamie why don't you do a Permaculture course and see what you think.
Cheers Paul

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 05 Oct 11 9:33am

PaulPot

Member since Mon 26 Sep 11

Re: No-dig gardening revolution.

I've written my own book on my experiences in no-dig gardening in the tropics. organicandsustainablegardening.yolasite.com  It's free to download if you're interested.
Cheers Paul

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 05 Oct 11 10:50am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup I'll read your book, and Masanobu xxx's friends always work out to be my friends, it's something you discover later, you talk to someone and then after a while you know they have read and apreciated its work inspiring them to do at least something in their gardens which leads to not rob the earth of what she could do for us all without all our wasteful efforts.
ciao from Italy and welcome big_smile wave

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 05 Oct 11 2:06pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

I read about this when I had a large cut flower garden.  I'll check out your book.  Thanks!

Likes (0)