forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 18 Oct 11 8:53pm

court67ontour

Occupation Student - Diploma Intro Professional Cookery Lvl 1
From Caerphilly
Member since Tue 18 Oct 11

Recipe from Jamie Does...

Last week I did the preserved lemons, I was wondering when I've used the lemons will I have to pour the preserving liquid out, to do more lemons.

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 18 Oct 11 11:24pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Re: Recipe from Jamie Does...

Are they the Moroccan ones preserved in salt and lemon juice?

I would, its taste changes as it gets old. But you can use up the liquid for a lemony salty addition to soups and stews or in dressings etc.

Having said that, I pulled the salted lemons out of my jar and added more in after only 6 weeks because I had made it sooo salty. I was able to put the preserved ones in a containers in the fridge and use them while the next lots are salting.
smile

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 19 Oct 11 10:34am

KalvinMax

Member since Wed 19 Oct 11

And what about now?

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 23 Oct 11 12:08pm

court67ontour

From Caerphilly

JoyYamDaisy wrote:

Are they the Moroccan ones preserved in salt and lemon juice?

I would, its taste changes as it gets old. But you can use up the liquid for a lemony salty addition to soups and stews or in dressings etc.

Having said that, I pulled the salted lemons out of my jar and added more in after only 6 weeks because I had made it sooo salty. I was able to put the preserved ones in a containers in the fridge and use them while the next lots are salting.
smile

yes they are the moroccan preserved lemons, can't wait to use them to do the chicken, olive and preserved lemon tagine on page 208 of Jamie Does..... dribble

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 15 Nov 11 2:57pm

court67ontour

From Caerphilly

Finally got to use the preserved lemons on the weekend, cooked the dish mentioned in last post, simply delicious yummy

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 15 Nov 11 10:54pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Wonderful! I must try that recipe too!

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 16 Nov 11 12:11am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Have done the Moroccan lemons too, once the lemons are in the jar they have to be pressed down for at least three days until they are completely covered with their sauce, then only after a month they are ready for use...

After they can be kept for 6 months in the fridge....but rince them before using.

Likes (0)