forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sun 01 Jan 12 6:33am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: Anyone know the story of Dr Burzynski ?

Read "Bad Science" by Ben Goldacre

From the sounds of http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2011 … quack.html he fits into "the doctor will sue you now" chapter

Hey, I just read more of that link I posted. He's that guy who threatened a 17 year old. Classy guy!

Last edited by The White Rabbit (Sun 01 Jan 12 7:40am)

    Likes (0)

#12 Sun 01 Jan 12 7:47pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

Re: Anyone know the story of Dr Burzynski ?

bilk/bilk/Verb:        Obtain or withhold money by deceit or without justification; cheat or defraud.


Obtaining money by deceit..    While he may believe his cure  has merit , he needs more money to further his research.. He represents it as a full and complete cure , but   many  patients still die after going through it.  He knows that some die and yet he misrepresents the odds to obtain money.  I can pull up articles on the lawsuits he has lost if you like.



So we are moving to ad homenin comments now?? tongue

You are what people call a conspiracy theory nutcase troll.
mrgreen  mrgreen  mrgreen  mrgreen  mrgreen


happy now?   Or was that seriously supposed to bother me   lol


The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#13 Mon 02 Jan 12 12:37am

huggyb85

Member
Member since Tue 18 May 10

Re: Anyone know the story of Dr Burzynski ?

Give me a break, he has better results then radiotherapy or chemotherapy.

    Likes (0)

#14 Mon 02 Jan 12 10:09am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Anyone know the story of Dr Burzynski ?

Huggy  a lot would depend on they type and extent of the cancer and I hate to say this but I would take a bet on the fact that these types that he had better results on had been screened to be of a sutable type to give the better results.
Sorry to be sceptical but I am not convinced and I dont think I will be.

May I also suggest again to you that this forum is the wrong place and audience to this discussion , I feel you would be better posting elsewhere to get your points noticed , on a forum that will be more interested and prepared to have a more active discussion.

I feel that this discussion will not progress much more here .

    Likes (0)

#15 Mon 02 Jan 12 11:15am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: Anyone know the story of Dr Burzynski ?

mummza wrote:

I feel that this discussion will not progress much more here .

You are quite right.

    Likes (0)

#16 Thu 12 Jan 12 9:13am

huggyb85

Member
Member since Tue 18 May 10

Re: Anyone know the story of Dr Burzynski ?

Big pharma has teams of very well paid PR people dedicated entirely to smear people like Dr Burzynski. They have done that for years. As any other mega-corp complex, Big Pharma don't like people like Burzynski who compromises their multi-billion dollar industry of selling chemo therapy treatments.

    Likes (0)

#17 Thu 12 Jan 12 9:33am

huggyb85

Member
Member since Tue 18 May 10

Re: Anyone know the story of Dr Burzynski ?

mummza wrote:

Huggy  a lot would depend on they type and extent of the cancer and I hate to say this but I would take a bet on the fact that these types that he had better results on had been screened to be of a sutable type to give the better results.
Sorry to be sceptical but I am not convinced and I dont think I will be.

Bet? Are you serious?

Wow.

So you bet this on what? Your world view being correct?

What exactly makes you bet this? I am really interested.

Is it because the news channels aren't reporting its success
Because further research isn't being done

And you are WRONG. Dr Burzynski's treatment has been shown to effectively help cure some of the most incurable forms of terminal cancer.

Why are you so sure of yourself? It boggles the mind? It's like certain things can not be looked at, how are you such a conformist?

Why don't you question things? How can you be so sure of yourself?

I show you pages upon pages of people cured and you instanltl call him a fraud.

I think what is comes down to is your belief that everything is uncontrolled, while I believe that most things in this world ARE controlled, and can be controlled for money, I see other areas which prove that this is possible, yet you won't even go near these areas of investigation because its labeled a conspiracy, and you might judge yourself as being paranoid and not beable to look at yourself in the mirror.

Last edited by huggyb85 (Thu 12 Jan 12 9:34am)

    Likes (0)

#18 Thu 12 Jan 12 11:59am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Anyone know the story of Dr Burzynski ?

huggyb85 wrote:

mummza wrote:

Huggy  a lot would depend on they type and extent of the cancer and I hate to say this but I would take a bet on the fact that these types that he had better results on had been screened to be of a sutable type to give the better results.
Sorry to be sceptical but I am not convinced and I dont think I will be.

Bet? Are you serious?

Wow.

So you bet this on what? Your world view being correct?

What exactly makes you bet this? I am really interested.

'take a bet' as in the expression not actually go to the betting shop and place a bet Huggy.

huggyb85 wrote:

Is it because the news channels aren't reporting its success'

I have never heard the name Dr Burzynski mentioned on news chanels and yes I do listen to he news .

.

huggyb85 wrote:

how are you such a conformist?

me ? .. lol



huggyb85 wrote:

I show you pages upon pages of people cured and you instanltl call him a fraud.

Please take note and reread my posts I dont think that I have  mentioned the word that starts with 'f' !

    Likes (0)

#19 Thu 12 Jan 12 12:31pm

SherylS

Member
Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

Re: Anyone know the story of Dr Burzynski ?

This is not the right place for your argument. Many people have said it before and I'm repeating it now! You would be better off to find a diffent forum for your views. Of if you want to stay here, what do you think of Jamie's 30 minute meals??

    Likes (0)

#20 Thu 12 Jan 12 1:15pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Re: Anyone know the story of Dr Burzynski ?

I love the wallpaper in this background:

http://scepticalletterwriter.blogspot.c … stons.html

    Likes (0)

Powered by PunBB