forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 28 Feb 12 3:12pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

who's knocking at the kitchen door

think  big_smile

I'm thinking of the pics Danny loaded when cooking in Jamie's kitchen looking towards the garden, is there a door from the kitchen into the veg garden? My kitchen has a large window looking into the neighbor's very very accurate garden, but the door leads to the hall  hmm and to the stairs down to the basement .... the fountain and the garden should be much more at hand  wink

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Tue 28 Feb 12 3:34pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 28 Feb 12 4:26pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Re: who's knocking at the kitchen door

It really is not correct to show people the back door when they come visiting....unless they are already old friends or family wink

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 28 Feb 12 5:06pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

so said la comptesse, yes I know, but there are some entrance doors which are never counted as such even by the foreigners, who knows why, the introduction thread must be one of those think

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 28 Feb 12 5:10pm

Kye

Forum super champ

There might be a Persian rug that is not to be soiled hmm

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 28 Feb 12 5:18pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

lol  wink  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 28 Feb 12 6:24pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

They should stop wearing stilettos and then we'd let them walk on our precious antique wood floors.

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 28 Feb 12 7:29pm

Kye

Forum super champ

lol I remember well when we had parquet flooring in a flat, only the bathroom and kitchen were tiled and we had parquet slippers ready for the heeled visitors lol

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 28 Feb 12 8:53pm

RedfoxEstonia

Forum champ
Occupation museum guide in Tallinn Seaplane Hangars
From Tallinn, Estonia
Member since Tue 16 Mar 10

we have a song called "who´s singing in the kitchen?"
but to who is knocking on the door, I guess whoever is stuck and cannot get out.

Likes (0)

#9 Tue 28 Feb 12 10:08pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

when i do not want to stay in my kitchen anymore i could jump out of the window making a thread with kitchen towels, but very often relatives come in from the garage in the basement and they know they find me there cooking, baking, kneading, milling .......... or simply waiting for hot water to have a cup of tea .............. shall we make some coffee too for all the newcomers on the introduction section, can you smell it  wink

Likes (0)

#10 Tue 28 Feb 12 11:04pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

kye in france wrote:

It really is not correct to show people the back door when they come visiting....unless they are already old friends or family wink

It used to be traditional here that the backdoor was the 'tradesman's entrance', & the frontdoor reserved for 'polite society'..........
........however, I don't use my frontdoor at all.........everyone who is anyone comes to the back of the house, the tradesman are left knocking in vain at the front!

The best gardens are at the back, the wine is poured at the back, the kitchen door leads directly to patios, paths, seats, flowers & open countryside.......the front is north-facing & cold even in summer!

Likes (0)