forum: Gardening / Growing

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Wed 23 Mar 11 7:44pm

jendavidson

Member since Wed 23 Mar 11

Re: let me ask my silly question of the day

If you are writing from the United States, you could contact your local Cooperative Extension office, and they can provide local, science-based info for you- good luck!

Likes (0)

#22 Wed 23 Mar 11 10:22pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

kye in france wrote:

mada and her rhubarbe wink  wink  lol

here mada, i found some lecture for you: http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/growing

Have a good day big_smile

Have you seen all the recipes in that site forumers shocked well done kye big_smile

Likes (0)

#23 Mon 02 May 11 12:02pm

NydiaLehmann

From Australia
Member since Mon 02 May 11

We have had dreadful trouble with possums eating the rhubarb leaves-i believe them to be poisonous, but the possums have only abated in their quest now we have covered the rhubarb with nets-Now the potatoes are being eaten:(
Another question. i was trying to be clever and make some spun toffee decorations for a cake. Followed the instructions and made wonderful long glistening strands which we formed into shapes.
HOWEVER in around 3 hours it disappeared leaving only some sticky spots. We tried it again and the same happened. What did we do wrong.........I have only wasted 2 cups of sugar. I wished I had photographed what we had created-they were beautiful-but disappear.

Likes (0)

#24 Mon 02 May 11 2:11pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

lol  wink  whistle  whistle do not worry we'll do our best imaginating it and  clap  clap ing at your efforts

I have been told rhurbarb doesn't like to be sugared before cooking /baking it otherwise it dissolves, add sugar when you take out of the oven caster/or icing sugar I never know which is which

zucchero a velo for me
is the powdered one

the other one is simply zucchero roll

next time take a pic before eating it NydiaLehmann wink  wave

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Sat 17 Mar 12 7:06pm)

Likes (0)

#25 Wed 07 Mar 12 6:41pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

I wanted to pose a silly question and came upon this excellent thread am and now thinking about rhubarb planting...again big_smile

Likes (0)

#26 Wed 07 Mar 12 6:45pm

christian_halfm

Occupation Sometimes I would like to know myself (or like to change it).
From Germany
Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

Well, I also thought about rhubarb planting, but have no clue about all the "ifs" and "hows", although a friend told me to ask his mother, who has a large plant in her garden.

Likes (0)

#27 Wed 07 Mar 12 7:26pm

Kye

Forum super champ

christian, the plants become enormous and when cut back they become even bigger.

Read back and inform yourself as i have so that i wont loose patience with them this time.

Likes (0)

#28 Wed 07 Mar 12 10:42pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

I do not dare asking silly questions about ginger again, I have three round pots now filled with roots (I suppose) and keep buying fresh one for my tea, I hope to see it flourishing this year  smile

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Wed 07 Mar 12 10:42pm)

Likes (0)

#29 Wed 07 Mar 12 11:54pm

Kye

Forum super champ

The silly question that i wanted to ask is: when soup is re heated in a microwave why is it so long...knowing nothing about average tempertures and so...a bowl of soup will take 3 1/2 mins to become warm...another 2mins to become hot.

Should i seperate that bowl in two, to heat faster or is the liquid density the same both ways..question  help

Likes (0)

#30 Thu 08 Mar 12 12:32am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

It might be to do with the shape of the bowl Kye.
I like my soup in a deep bowl, but the microwaves won't reach into the middle so it takes the outside heat to gradually warm up the middle.
I stir every minute to make it quicker! Most soups take about 2 and a half minutes for my bowl.
If I am serving more than me, heating each bowl separately would be quicker! smile

Likes (0)