Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Tue 03 Apr 12 10:06pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

yes that is exciting news.

My copy ' Jamies Food Revolution ' book arrived today , I had ordered it from ebay and now I am feeling quite daft ... its the same book as the 'Ministry of Food ' which when I think about it , of course I knew .. but that memory had just slipped from my head when I was looking on ebay !

    Likes (0)

#22 Fri 06 Apr 12 11:34am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

mummza wrote:

yes that is exciting news.

My copy ' Jamies Food Revolution ' book arrived today , I had ordered it from ebay and now I am feeling quite daft ... its the same book as the 'Ministry of Food ' which when I think about it , of course I knew .. but that memory had just slipped from my head when I was looking on ebay !

Now you can have one book for getting messy and a "good" book

    Likes (0)

#23 Fri 06 Apr 12 7:28pm

Sparklingon

Member
Member since Fri 06 Apr 12

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

What we really need is a new food source that we can grow in our cities. Planted in containers and distributed throughout the streets and buildings and then, when mature, brought back and harvested by the same hands that planted them, or someone else who has the time to give. If we pay these people in food, their contribution will also enable good nutrition. The food source is bullrushes and it hasn't been commercialized because it's hard to harvest, being a marsh plant, like rice. But it is perennial and self fertilizing, only needs 6" of growing medium and grows 6-10' tall.  It would make a great noise mitigation installation and all parts of it can be eaten or used craftily. I have a plan...

    Likes (0)

#24 Sat 07 Apr 12 12:22am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

The White Rabbit wrote:

mummza wrote:

yes that is exciting news.

My copy ' Jamies Food Revolution ' book arrived today , I had ordered it from ebay and now I am feeling quite daft ... its the same book as the 'Ministry of Food ' which when I think about it , of course I knew .. but that memory had just slipped from my head when I was looking on ebay !

Now you can have one book for getting messy and a "good" book

ok now do you want to hear the funniest part of this tale... I had also forgotten that I had ordered myself another copy of the ministry of food... ( my copy having ended up with one of my family ) ... that has also now turned up  lol

Ah well , at least I have now been able to supply friends and family wih copies of the book !! lol

    Likes (0)

#25 Sat 07 Apr 12 12:32am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

mummz   lol  kiss ...You know me, i would have sent them back wink

    Likes (0)

#26 Sat 07 Apr 12 12:37am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

not so easy when they are bought from ebay Kye !
At least I have made a couple of people happy with my chaotic shopping  lol  lol

    Likes (0)

#27 Sun 08 Apr 12 11:51am

christian_halfm

Member
Occupation Sometimes I would like to know myself (or like to change it).
From Germany
Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

I have just prepared my blog for Food Revolution Day: http://chris-cookingaroundtheworld.blogspot.de/.

I'm also thinking about a dinner party or even something else, but time will fly away quickly anyway.

    Likes (0)

#28 Mon 09 Apr 12 5:50am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

http://foodrevolutionday.com/videos/testimonial.html

Little one and myself giving our testimonial.

Last edited by shammrok (Mon 09 Apr 12 1:02pm)

    Likes (0)

#29 Mon 09 Apr 12 12:47pm

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all having a great Easter break. The new Food revolution website launched on Saturday:

http://www.foodrevolutionday.com/index.html

Here you can register your event to raise money for Food Rev and also find out more about this global campaign. My events will be up on the site soon as I am running the "Food Rev pop up restaurant" in the kitchen space above Fifteen.


Enjoy the site and I hope to see everyone lending their support.

Cheers

Danny

    Likes (0)

#30 Mon 09 Apr 12 4:26pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

shammrok wrote:

http://foodrevolutionday.com/videos/testimonial.html

Little one and myself giving our testimonial.

clap  clap  clap braviii well done Shammy big_smile

    Likes (0)

Powered by PunBB.