forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#4201 Fri 06 Apr 12 1:42pm

chapsikan

Member since Fri 06 Apr 12

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hi Jamie
Bought your 30 minute meals book last week n have already cooked two meals from it. The family is loving it big_smile we don't usually have dessert so they feel like its a real treat.     Have not always liked cooking that much but feel like I've had a new boost of enthusiasm with this book.  Just love the way you've set out the instructions all on the one page it makes it so much easier to follow.  Also great to have different vege recipes to go with the meals.
Thanks for all your hard work n thank jooles for letting us have so much of you.  I remember watching when u went to America n what you were trying to do to help them in their schools, it reminded me of my sister.  She was asked to take over the running of her school primary canteen that her kids went to on a volunteer basis, and being a previous director of a community preschool she could see plenty of room for improvement starting with not selling fried food(shock horror).  She tried to do what u did n boy did she come up against a lot of resistance from parents, it was the most people in attendance at the school meetings, she wasn't trying to murder their kids just feed them better. Thx again chapsikan smile))))))

Likes (0)

#4202 Tue 10 Apr 12 6:51pm

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Hi Chapsikan

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your kind words to Jamie

Cheers from Danny

Likes (0)

#4203 Fri 13 Apr 12 1:13pm

cajgoldie721

Member since Fri 13 Apr 12

Hi Jamie, My grand-daughter is learning impaired and she wants to be a chef someday.  Do you have any suggestions on how I can keep her inspired and are there schools in the US that will work with her?  She is a fan of yours. 
Someday she would like to go to one of your shows in the US when you visit the states.  Is this a possibility?

Thank you so much for your info.

Likes (0)

#4204 Sun 15 Apr 12 12:55pm

EleB

Occupation Student
From Vigo, Spain
Member since Sun 15 Apr 12

Hi Jamie and hi everyone!
My names is Elena and I'm from Vigo, northern Spain, a very beautiful place with an amazing gastronomic tradition.
I really enjoy watching your shows and reading your books...I found them really inspiring.
I would love to find new recipes and to meet people that could help me increasing my knowledge and my love for cooking.

Sorry for my English!!

Love, Elena!!  big_smile

Likes (0)

#4205 Mon 16 Apr 12 6:12pm

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Hi Eleb, welcome to the forums, have fun! : )

Hi Caj, thanks for your post about your grand daughter. We have a forum thread about what it takes to be a Chef with some great advice from our forum members:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10136

Kind regards

Danny

Likes (0)

#4206 Tue 17 Apr 12 7:54am

smoshee

Occupation Mechanical / Energy Engineer
From Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Member since Mon 30 Jan 12

Hey Jamie great site!!! Love what you are doing man!

I am from Dubai, UAE, one of world's 10 fattest countries. There is no concept of school dinners, people are exceedingly lazy, diabetic and what not. I am so proud of having a mum that has cooked for me all this while, and will have her cooking everyday of the week. Thanks you mum clap

Work life was making me very lazy and I felt useless, so I thought thought I would try my hand on cooking. I wanted to do a nice BBQ, and found your video on youtube. and got addicted to your style of cooking. However there are couple of things I need to change from your recipes because of various limitations and availability, so hope to get those things sorted out on the forum here smile

For a chef you are doing an awful lot to help people cook for themselves...hehe.. you are a true samaritan keep up the good work! thumbsup

Sincerely

Oshee

Last edited by smoshee (Thu 19 Apr 12 5:33am)

Likes (0)

#4207 Thu 19 Apr 12 4:10pm

Chef_Buttigieg

Occupation Chef
From Derby, UK
Member since Thu 19 Apr 12

Hi everyone,

I have just registered and this is the first ever forum that I have joined! I have no idea how to use this properly/start my own discussions/post recipes etc. So any help and advice from you all would be very much appreciated big_smile

Levi x

Likes (0)

#4208 Fri 20 Apr 12 12:03pm

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Hi Levi wave

Welcome to the forum smile

If you click on recent posts on the left it will take you to current topics.
The drop down menu will take you to the various forums.
To start a new topic go to the top of the first page of your chosen forum and click on "post new topic' on the right hand side.
You can also post recipes on Foodwise. Just click on Foodwise on the lefthand side of the page or likewise start a blog by clicking on blog and post away there.
If you have any problems just ask!

Likes (0)

#4209 Fri 20 Apr 12 2:43pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

welcome  big_smile all of you new here, styay around and tell us about your cooking experience or ask if you need, but come back again smile wave

Likes (0)

#4210 Tue 24 Apr 12 2:33am

Frugalmonkey

From Western Australia
Member since Tue 24 Apr 12

Hi all. New to the whole forum thing.

Have always admired Jamie, especially getting kids to eat right. I think that if it starts at home, they will do it. I grew up in a 2 full time income, no time to cook, just chuck something in the oven type environment. I have found the joy in cooking and growing my own food, and try to share it with my kids.

I would really love to expand my knowledge, and give back where I can.

Likes (0)