Subscribe to forums RSS

#4201 Thu 19 Apr 12 4:10pm

Chef_Buttigieg

Occupation Chef
From Derby, UK
Member since Thu 19 Apr 12

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hi everyone,

I have just registered and this is the first ever forum that I have joined! I have no idea how to use this properly/start my own discussions/post recipes etc. So any help and advice from you all would be very much appreciated big_smile

Levi x

Likes (0)

#4202 Fri 20 Apr 12 12:03pm

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Hi Levi wave

Welcome to the forum smile

If you click on recent posts on the left it will take you to current topics.
The drop down menu will take you to the various forums.
To start a new topic go to the top of the first page of your chosen forum and click on "post new topic' on the right hand side.
You can also post recipes on Foodwise. Just click on Foodwise on the lefthand side of the page or likewise start a blog by clicking on blog and post away there.
If you have any problems just ask!

Likes (0)

#4203 Fri 20 Apr 12 2:43pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

welcome  big_smile all of you new here, styay around and tell us about your cooking experience or ask if you need, but come back again smile wave

Likes (0)

#4204 Tue 24 Apr 12 2:33am

Frugalmonkey

From Western Australia
Member since Tue 24 Apr 12

Hi all. New to the whole forum thing.

Have always admired Jamie, especially getting kids to eat right. I think that if it starts at home, they will do it. I grew up in a 2 full time income, no time to cook, just chuck something in the oven type environment. I have found the joy in cooking and growing my own food, and try to share it with my kids.

I would really love to expand my knowledge, and give back where I can.

Likes (0)

#4205 Thu 26 Apr 12 11:30am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Hi Frugal Monkey

welcome to the forums - you will find lots of friends here who can help you with your cooking questions

cheers

danny

Likes (0)

#4206 Sun 06 May 12 2:58pm

RateMySausage

Member since Sun 06 May 12

Hi all, my name is Simon, and I'm the writer of the World's Second Best Sausage Website.

Some claim to fame eh?

Anyway, I'm a single dad interested in healthy home-made food so looking for after school inspiration here.  And, of course, sausage info!

Please, please let me know anything at all about your relationship with sausages, best recipes, your local butcher, etc.  I'd love it if you would like to become a food critic (!) and write a review for my website.

Before I leg it I'd better tell you that RMS has reviewed a Jamie Oliver sausage.  Wanted to criticise it, actually liked it!  This time Mr Oliver.....this time.....

Likes (0)

#4207 Tue 08 May 12 10:46am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Hello Rate My Sausage

Welcome to the forums! I must say I am quite partial to the sausages that are available at Barbecoa Butchery - very good indeed!

Cheers

Danny

Likes (0)

#4208 Tue 08 May 12 3:01pm

RateMySausage

Member since Sun 06 May 12

Hi Danny, thanks for the welcome.

Barbecoa looks cool but is unfortunately well beyond my geographical and financial range at the moment!  One day.  If you could persuade them to send some sausages northwards I'll gladly write a review....

Talking of reviews, were the JO sausages that I reviewed a "proper" product or another company using the name to add credibility?  The Jimmy's Farm bangers we reviewed turned out to be unauthorised, and I still haven't confirmed whether Matt Dawson really has lent his name to a sausage....

Likes (0)

#4209 Sun 13 May 12 10:31pm

Renee68

Member since Sat 12 May 12

Hellooooooo.  I just found this site this weekend.  I also just watched my first tv show as well.  I decided I had to sign up.

Up until 2 yrs ago I did not really know how to cook-cook.  If it didnt come in a box, can or frozen bag, it didnt get served.  I feed the missionaries two to three times a month and I inflict dinner on them.  I am getting much better and I even have requests now, but want to go further.  I am looking forward to learning more and becoming competent in the kitchen.  I will have dumb questions but bear with me. Thank you

Likes (0)

#4210 Sun 13 May 12 10:39pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

I always have dumb questions about cooking, it's the time I learn the most important things noone would dare asking wink
welcome and keep posting and asking

Likes (0)