Subscribe to forums RSS

#4211 Thu 26 Apr 12 11:30am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hi Frugal Monkey

welcome to the forums - you will find lots of friends here who can help you with your cooking questions

cheers

danny

Likes (0)

#4212 Sun 06 May 12 2:58pm

RateMySausage

Member since Sun 06 May 12

Hi all, my name is Simon, and I'm the writer of the World's Second Best Sausage Website.

Some claim to fame eh?

Anyway, I'm a single dad interested in healthy home-made food so looking for after school inspiration here.  And, of course, sausage info!

Please, please let me know anything at all about your relationship with sausages, best recipes, your local butcher, etc.  I'd love it if you would like to become a food critic (!) and write a review for my website.

Before I leg it I'd better tell you that RMS has reviewed a Jamie Oliver sausage.  Wanted to criticise it, actually liked it!  This time Mr Oliver.....this time.....

Likes (0)

#4213 Tue 08 May 12 10:46am

Danny

From Jamie's Office

Hello Rate My Sausage

Welcome to the forums! I must say I am quite partial to the sausages that are available at Barbecoa Butchery - very good indeed!

Cheers

Danny

Likes (0)

#4214 Tue 08 May 12 3:01pm

RateMySausage

Member since Sun 06 May 12

Hi Danny, thanks for the welcome.

Barbecoa looks cool but is unfortunately well beyond my geographical and financial range at the moment!  One day.  If you could persuade them to send some sausages northwards I'll gladly write a review....

Talking of reviews, were the JO sausages that I reviewed a "proper" product or another company using the name to add credibility?  The Jimmy's Farm bangers we reviewed turned out to be unauthorised, and I still haven't confirmed whether Matt Dawson really has lent his name to a sausage....

Likes (0)

#4215 Sun 13 May 12 10:31pm

Renee68

Member since Sat 12 May 12

Hellooooooo.  I just found this site this weekend.  I also just watched my first tv show as well.  I decided I had to sign up.

Up until 2 yrs ago I did not really know how to cook-cook.  If it didnt come in a box, can or frozen bag, it didnt get served.  I feed the missionaries two to three times a month and I inflict dinner on them.  I am getting much better and I even have requests now, but want to go further.  I am looking forward to learning more and becoming competent in the kitchen.  I will have dumb questions but bear with me. Thank you

Likes (0)

#4216 Sun 13 May 12 10:39pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

I always have dumb questions about cooking, it's the time I learn the most important things noone would dare asking wink
welcome and keep posting and asking

Likes (0)

#4217 Tue 15 May 12 7:55pm

LittlePiv

Member since Tue 15 May 12

Hello All!...and Jamie,
My name is Greg...new to this site. I have been a working Chef for 35 years in the United States...I am a misplaced Scotsman. Just wanted to say hello and see what is going on, share or (forgive me) steal a recipe here and there. so hello!
Cheers,
Greg

Likes (0)

#4218 Wed 30 May 12 11:36am

Danny

From Jamie's Office

Welcome Greg - great people here on the forums from all over the world for you to make friends with - they are a friendly lot!

Cheers

Danny

Likes (0)

#4219 Wed 30 May 12 11:46am

joobes

Forum champ
Occupation My OH and I own a new/secondhand bookshop.
From Somerset, England
Member since Wed 20 Feb 08

wave hi Greg and welcome to the forum, as Danny quite rightly says we are a friendly bunch and if not swapping recipes or advising each other then a quick chat is always nice.
We can go off track at times which makes it all more the fun. lol

Likes (0)

#4220 Wed 30 May 12 11:49am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Danny wrote:

Welcome Greg - great people here on the forums from all over the world for you to make friends with - they are a friendly lot!

Cheers

Danny

Thankyou Danny wink  big_smile

Hi Greg wave

Likes (0)