forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Wed 23 May 12 7:35pm

dhartley

Occupation Office Wallah
From Yorkshire / E Sussex
Member since Thu 15 Mar 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi Jamie, seeing as you're offering; when I bake bread the second rising is always an epic fail. Why is this happening?

Is there anything you'd like to ask us? I can field questions on art, music and fixing things!

Cheers!
(",)

Likes (0)

#12 Wed 23 May 12 7:41pm

dhartley

Occupation Office Wallah
From Yorkshire / E Sussex
Member since Thu 15 Mar 12

Oh I almost forgot, do you have a favourite recipe for fresh pasta sheets? If so I'd love to have it as I've struggled with those too!

Ta.
D.

Likes (0)

#13 Wed 23 May 12 7:45pm

MistLuna

Member since Wed 23 May 12

Greetings from Portugal, Jamie!

I decided to take your suggestion on Facebook and come ask my cooking question.

Last year, i decided to make a big change in my life. So on January 1st i stopped smoking and have also been trying to learn how to eat properly again. Even started taking walks a couple times a week! I believe i have lost 6 or 7kg in a couple of months so i am happy.

But now i almost dread meal time because i am extremely picky. My question is what kind of stuff do you recomend i cook considering i absolutely hate herbs? Stuff that is healthy, pratical and as tasty as possible.

Thanks smile

Likes (0)

#14 Wed 23 May 12 7:50pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Jamie,  I would love to make a quick and simple homemade pasta.  Something that wouldn't intimidate me.   I don't have a pasta machine.  A more healthy pasta perhaps as well.  Pasta is the only food that scares me to make homemade, but it looks so easy when you do it smile

Last edited by ANN (Wed 23 May 12 7:53pm)

Likes (0)

#15 Wed 23 May 12 7:51pm

ecruise

Hi, Jamie,
As a former school and public health nurse and now nurse educator, I am thrilled with your efforts to improve the health of our nation's children through great food. I was watching your show 30 minute meals today and saw the recipe for limoncello tiramasu. Is there anything else one could use to get the same flavors without the alcohol? My husband and I don't drink.
Thanks again for all you do!
Erin

Likes (0)

#16 Wed 23 May 12 7:56pm

wowey

What a yummie idea! 
Something I've always wanted to ask a chef - at which stage of cooking do you add dry herbs? I usually add them at the end of frying an onion and before I add other veg. But I could be wrong. So  help

Likes (0)

#17 Wed 23 May 12 8:09pm

russeljc

Jamie,

Summer is here, and I adore your recipe for a Crackin' Burger.
However, I always end up with a Boom-Shakka-Lakkin' Burger.
Not being a Brit, is there any hope for me?

-Jamie R.

Likes (0)

#18 Wed 23 May 12 8:14pm

katie_beitz

Hi Jamie,

I am such a huge fan of yours! It sounds kind of corny, but your book "Food Revolution" completely changed my life. I was a terrible cook and very intimidated by cooking. Two years after buying that book, I absolutely adore cooking and am amazed at how confident I am in my skills.

I wanted to ask you a question about radishes. Do you have any ideas for how to cook them in a tasty, but healthy, way?

Thanks Jamie!
- Katie Beitz

Likes (0)

#19 Wed 23 May 12 8:21pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

welcome to the forum katie_beitz  big_smile 
Thats really the best news, hearing that a cookery book has changerd your life and got you interested in cooking .
I hope you stay around the forum for a long time join in the fun and chat to us all about how you are getting on and ask us any questions you would like as there is usually someone around who will be able to help , you can give us a few cooking tips as well   thumbsup

Also welcome to all other new forum members who have joined the forum today or recently , do stay around and join in the fun and some of the other threads  big_smile  thumbsup

Last edited by mummza (Wed 23 May 12 8:24pm)

Likes (0)

#20 Wed 23 May 12 8:25pm

Chrisbytheocean

No matter what I try, to me, my pizza crust tastes like cardboard. I've tried heating the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, for an hour, with my pizza stone in, changed my dough recipes, tried the flour to the one that you recommend - nothing helps. I wonder if my taste buds are jaded by the fact that I really crave the wood-fire cooked pizzas from town?? But town is an hour away. I really need to learn to cook in my electric oven...maybe you call it a cooker??

Thanks from Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Christine

Likes (0)