Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Wed 23 May 12 8:34pm

MistLuna

Member since Wed 23 May 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

mummza wrote:

Also welcome to all other new forum members who have joined the forum today or recently , do stay around and join in the fun and some of the other threads  big_smile  thumbsup

Thanks.

Other members are welcome to suggest me stuff too btw.

Likes (0)

#22 Wed 23 May 12 9:15pm

Miki Poland

Hi Jamie, 

It's a possibility to came for a few day or weeks to Yours or Gennaro Restaurants to learn something new, i don't ask for money job, only to have new experiences, i can show you a few old-fashioned dishes from Poland which You can maybe show in the future in tv or make some tuning to your version wink

Mike 23 from Poland

Likes (0)

#23 Wed 23 May 12 9:44pm

juliecooks

From Northamptonshire
Member since Sun 10 Oct 10

Hi Jamie
I am looking for a lime pickle recipe no oil and no cooking just want to shove it all in a jar and away we go!!? Can you help? Thank you  Julie x

Likes (0)

#24 Thu 24 May 12 8:44am

txw

Member since Thu 24 May 12

Please help.... I made some cakes for work the other day and my boss said she really liked them, but followed it up with "people who can bake can't make pastry".... I replied with challenge accepted, but now have no idea what to make.... ideas please? It needs to be something I can take into work, but equally something that will wow them all.  smile

Likes (0)

#25 Thu 24 May 12 9:17am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Some good questions here , I have been tempted to start awnsering some of them !
But I am being well behaved and waiting to see what gets awnsered first .

Mr. Oliver with the asffodita (hing ) question, what springs to my mind is that delicious  lemon pickle that they make at Rasa and serve in those tiny dishes with the popadam mix . But I lent my book that has the recipe in it  to someone and they never reterned it , can't remember who I lent it too .
( And Happy Birthday soon .)

Last edited by mummza (Thu 24 May 12 9:20am)

Likes (0)

#26 Thu 24 May 12 9:36am

MistLuna

mummza wrote:

Some good questions here , I have been tempted to start awnsering some of them !

Feel free to answer mine :P

Likes (0)

#27 Thu 24 May 12 10:08am

txw

MistLuna wrote:

mummza wrote:

Feel free to answer mine :P

Lol... me too smile

Likes (0)

#28 Thu 24 May 12 11:21am

bluemoon11

Occupation Mum
From Australia

I am really bad at making caramel lol. It always either burns (try cleaning that pot haha!!) or crystalizes (sorry about spelling). I know I should use a thermometre but it has now become one of those things !! lol I sound crazy but I would really really like some hints on how to do it by eye so to speak ??

Thank you  big_smile

Likes (0)

#29 Thu 24 May 12 12:26pm

janeoshea08@gma

Hi There,
have cooked your asian-style salmon from 30minute meals cook book many times and have enjoyed it cold the next day.Wondering about cooking it on a larger scale for my sons confirmation.If cooking 30 darnes at the same time,should I just multiply everything by 7(recipe is for 4),and for how long should I cook them?

Many Thanks,

Jane

Likes (0)

#30 Fri 25 May 12 1:56am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Hi Jamie,

So many great questions on here so far - I don't want to bombard you but can't resist the temptation to ask....
Have you ever tried to make gluten free pasta?
If you have, I would love your hints/tips as mine fail miserably every time and I end up resorting to using packet pasta. The packet stuff tastes good but I want to add "pasta maker" to my home-made meals resume..

Cheers!

Likes (0)