Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Wed 23 May 12 9:15pm

Miki Poland

Member since Wed 23 May 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi Jamie, 

It's a possibility to came for a few day or weeks to Yours or Gennaro Restaurants to learn something new, i don't ask for money job, only to have new experiences, i can show you a few old-fashioned dishes from Poland which You can maybe show in the future in tv or make some tuning to your version wink

Mike 23 from Poland

Likes (0)

#22 Wed 23 May 12 9:44pm

juliecooks

From Northamptonshire
Member since Sun 10 Oct 10

Hi Jamie
I am looking for a lime pickle recipe no oil and no cooking just want to shove it all in a jar and away we go!!? Can you help? Thank you  Julie x

Likes (0)

#23 Thu 24 May 12 8:44am

txw

Member since Thu 24 May 12

Please help.... I made some cakes for work the other day and my boss said she really liked them, but followed it up with "people who can bake can't make pastry".... I replied with challenge accepted, but now have no idea what to make.... ideas please? It needs to be something I can take into work, but equally something that will wow them all.  smile

Likes (0)

#24 Thu 24 May 12 9:17am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Some good questions here , I have been tempted to start awnsering some of them !
But I am being well behaved and waiting to see what gets awnsered first .

Mr. Oliver with the asffodita (hing ) question, what springs to my mind is that delicious  lemon pickle that they make at Rasa and serve in those tiny dishes with the popadam mix . But I lent my book that has the recipe in it  to someone and they never reterned it , can't remember who I lent it too .
( And Happy Birthday soon .)

Last edited by mummza (Thu 24 May 12 9:20am)

Likes (0)

#25 Thu 24 May 12 9:36am

MistLuna

Member since Wed 23 May 12

mummza wrote:

Some good questions here , I have been tempted to start awnsering some of them !

Feel free to answer mine :P

Likes (0)

#26 Thu 24 May 12 10:08am

txw

MistLuna wrote:

mummza wrote:

Feel free to answer mine :P

Lol... me too smile

Likes (0)

#27 Thu 24 May 12 11:21am

bluemoon11

Occupation Mum
From Australia

I am really bad at making caramel lol. It always either burns (try cleaning that pot haha!!) or crystalizes (sorry about spelling). I know I should use a thermometre but it has now become one of those things !! lol I sound crazy but I would really really like some hints on how to do it by eye so to speak ??

Thank you  big_smile

Likes (0)

#28 Thu 24 May 12 12:26pm

janeoshea08@gma

Hi There,
have cooked your asian-style salmon from 30minute meals cook book many times and have enjoyed it cold the next day.Wondering about cooking it on a larger scale for my sons confirmation.If cooking 30 darnes at the same time,should I just multiply everything by 7(recipe is for 4),and for how long should I cook them?

Many Thanks,

Jane

Likes (0)

#29 Fri 25 May 12 1:56am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Hi Jamie,

So many great questions on here so far - I don't want to bombard you but can't resist the temptation to ask....
Have you ever tried to make gluten free pasta?
If you have, I would love your hints/tips as mine fail miserably every time and I end up resorting to using packet pasta. The packet stuff tastes good but I want to add "pasta maker" to my home-made meals resume..

Cheers!

Likes (0)

#30 Fri 25 May 12 7:15am

carrotanddaisy

Member since Fri 25 May 12

Hi, I want to do a "Christmas in July" here in Australia.  Have an idea to precook turkey & slice and then put in crockpot with gravy.  Then people can help themselves when they want some.  Will this work?  How long will the food be edible for?  Any comments gratefully received, thank you.  Julia

Likes (0)