forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#3991 Sun 03 Jun 12 7:20am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Website/forum: issues and complaints?

Wondering the same myself, Kye.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#3992 Sun 03 Jun 12 9:00am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

kye in france wrote:

mada, when do you sleep?

Why are the forums shrinking?  there are just nine topics open at the moment..claustrofobia sufferers keep out. yikes

It's just that there has not been many people writing on the threads Kye and Maree , when it gets like this I try to go through a whole load of my old posts and write a bit on those that are still relevant and also I try to go through the unanswered posts  and do the same.

I think the main problem at the moment is that although a lot of people look at the forum , there are only a few who write on it .
Quite a number of our old regulars seen to favour keeping in touch on Facebook these days .

Likes (0)

#3993 Mon 04 Jun 12 12:09am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

The great problem is a lack of interest for many, we have explored so many topics so fast as we all have been so enthusiastic, wholly into everything happening here. Seems now that all we do is repeating apart from when we are welcoming.

Likes (0)

#3994 Mon 04 Jun 12 12:18am

mr spice

Forum champ
Occupation Working dad...
From Germany
Member since Sat 05 Sep 09

I think a few more kitchen stories would be good. Success and failure, learning by doing...just an opinion though.
I haven't stopped cooking, I just have less time to be here sad

Last edited by mr spice (Mon 04 Jun 12 12:19am)

Likes (0)

#3995 Mon 04 Jun 12 8:30am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

the  nonnas' secret is repeating the same things again and again to every grandchild with patience and increasing lack of memory, not of what they are saying but that they already said it, until the last one says yes I know you told me that hundred times, everybody relaxes and and the old one acts as if she is  hmm  hmm  shocked before smiling herseld because she perfectly knows she is repeating  ................... but that is her job ........ so that a new one can start doing homemade yogurth, bread, pasta, polenta and and and with enthusiasm and courage, without worying about failures, sure that after 250 times, sometimes 550 according to the recipe, he/she will succeed in doing the perfect crepe, frittata, risotto and so on and so on and so on
wink  big_smile

I ventured in making gubana not because of the recipe but of the courage to try passed on  by a sweet elderly nonna, and when I tell her I'm doing it and pass on to all the people who ask me, she is very proud not at all jealous of her recipe  thumbsup

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Mon 04 Jun 12 11:09am)

Likes (0)

#3996 Mon 04 Jun 12 10:33am

Danny

Jamie's Better Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Good morning from Suffolk..... we streamlined the forums recently as there were many topics that were "dormant" (for want of a better word) that were not being contributed to. It was also a bit of a mind field for newbies coming to the site as there were so many places / threads to read. The feed back in general has been positive. We have also streamlined the blogs and I am really pleased to see that there are more posts there - I will continue to work with Eric on the pic uploading challenge.

Thanks to Falcony for your advice on the browser challenge - great if members who are having a challenge could look at what browser they are currently using to see if this will help.

As to the site in general - Jim has been doing a great job posting up interesting and engaging news stories, brilliant that he has been letting us all know of what Jamie has been up to as well and also posting up new videos. We have plans to off more content on the site as well - how to cooking videos and more content on Jamie's Foundation.

I have also been working with Jamie on hid Facebook page and going forward we will be looking at ways to build a bridge between that community and this site. I am always here to listen if you have any ideas on how to improve the site - I also understand that with so many ways today to communicate by various Social Media platforms then members may not have the time to communicate here as much as they once did - this is just "is what it is" and it should not stop us from continuing to build a great community. Thanks so much to everyone for all your support.

Cheers from Danny

Likes (0)

#3997 Mon 04 Jun 12 10:37am

Danny

From Jamie's Office

luckiest1 wrote:

I have mentioned this before but it's never been fixed.  If you go to the page http://www.jamieoliver.com/blogs-and-forums you get a question.  Today's question is "do you take time to reflect before eating a meal?".  No matter what the question, the options to answer are always "Brown" and "White".  It drives me nuts every time I log in.  Can you please update them to be "Yes" and "No"?  Thanks!

Hi Luckiest

so sorry - we don't have the voting question on the site anymore - this is an old link, I shall ask Eric to re direct this link to the new forum home page.

apologies for this

Danny

Likes (0)

#3998 Mon 04 Jun 12 2:01pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Danny - sorry to be a nuisance, and I know Grand_ma (MadaMada) has already pointed this out, but the header with Jamie's photo on the Forums states "ask me a QUESITON about cooking here", instead of "question" ... it's been driving me mildly demented since it went up  hmm

Likes (0)

#3999 Mon 04 Jun 12 9:44pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

I tried to post 3 blog photos and none would load, but I was able to load one at a time.  The photos don't seem to show on the main page until one opens one's blog entry, then they appear in both the main page and the individual entry (hope that makes sense).  Not that you probably don't already know this, sorry if it's just a bothersome repeat!

Likes (0)

#4000 Tue 05 Jun 12 12:03am

Danny

From Jamie's Office

No worries Mrs P - wondered if you would be able to assist us by sending me the link that appears when the photo does not show? May help Eric get to the bottom of this challenge

: )

Thanks Olivia for the tip off - I shall ask Eric to change this when we are back in the office on Wednesday, cheers Danny

Likes (0)