forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#4251 Sun 02 Sep 12 11:21pm

bearskin_nz

Member since Sun 02 Sep 12

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hi there

Just joined, from New Zealand. We are big Jamie fans, get the magazine, have visited the restaurants when in UK, bought some of the books, and of course watch the TV shows. I remember the first Naked Chef shows from way back and getting the cookbook and thinking 'What a breath of Fresh air'. NZ has a habit of knocking people who have got on and done something (it's called Tall Poppy Syndrome here) but wow, I really admire what Jamie has been up to - a real inspiration.

x from NZ

Likes (0)

#4252 Tue 04 Sep 12 9:48am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Hi Bearskin

welcome and have fun

cheers

Danny

Likes (0)

#4253 Tue 04 Sep 12 10:17am

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Hi Bearskin and welcome.

Likes (0)

#4254 Tue 04 Sep 12 10:48am

lilcrabby69

Member since Tue 04 Sep 12

hello
i am new and just signed up , i do not know if this is where i say hello or ask what i need to , so i hope so anyways.

i was looking online and came across here and seen there was a forum for caso active amine free diet info and so on , after i got here and i can not find it , can some one help me and tell me where to find it , i just found out i have to stay away from them foods and i am not sure what to eat and the worse part is i do not cook well at all  , im going to try to learn here , atleast i hope i can anyways and get some good ideas on how to eat with this allergies i have anyways nice to be here , thanks for your help kimberly smile

Likes (0)

#4255 Wed 05 Sep 12 10:32am

Danny

From Jamie's Office

Hello and welcome to the forums

I have not seen that thread - you could start a new one in the Food and Wine section

Cheers

Danny

Likes (0)

#4256 Thu 06 Sep 12 1:14pm

Celinathecook

Member since Thu 06 Sep 12

Hi Jamie,

Love the energy and passion that you cook with. It's amazing to see you use the vegetables so artistically. Really enjoy watching your TV show. Thanks for all the great food.

Likes (0)

#4257 Wed 12 Sep 12 4:12am

Dreegle

Member since Wed 12 Sep 12

Hi. I'm Chris. I am what I consider to be a home cook. (in that a chef can create any meal you want, if you give them the proper ingredients...but a cook can create a meal from whatever ingredients they have on hand). My philosophy is simple...cooking starts way before you hit the kitchen, and if there is a number in the ingredients list...avoid buying it. Of course, where I live in Australia, a very strange trend has taken place, in that fresh locally grown produce, is far more expensive than imported processed "foods" (for want of a better word). My hobbies revolve around food, at the moment (I am going to start home brewing beer soon, but need to build a mash lauter tun, and a couple of other pieces of equipment  before I can do that)...Funnily enough, my hobbies are things that would have been considered run of the mill, daily activities a hundred years ago, (I cure my own hams, and bacon, make sausages (both fresh and cured), smoke meats (poultry etc) and cheeses...and generally try to find ways to feed a large family on a minimal budget. Today I am preparing some Thai style fresh sausages (coriander, cumin, sweet chilli sauce, mushroom, garlic, 2/3 pork 1/3 beef), for tomorrow, and smoking/slow cooking lamb breast (takes about 6 hours, at 100 Degrees C )...Well, that's enough about me big_smile I guess I will just hover around and have a look at some of the chef recipes while waiting for my diced pork shoulder to re-chill, before its foray into the meat grinder wink

Likes (0)

#4258 Wed 12 Sep 12 10:23am

Danny

From Jamie's Office

Hi Chris

Welcome to the forums - would love to some pics of your cured meats

Cheers

Danny : )

Likes (0)

#4259 Wed 12 Sep 12 6:29pm

Glen10

Member since Thu 06 Sep 12

Maree

Thanks for your sourdough suggestions. I'm reluctant to use a bread machine. I have been experimenting with 'no knead' methods.
I've realised that with some needing and a much longer time frame (~18 hours) overall that this can give a good result.
I need to plan the timings carefully but I can achieve a loaf in the morning!
All the best x

Likes (0)

#4260 Fri 14 Sep 12 12:46am

Ice Mark

Member since Thu 13 Sep 12

Hi Jamie and everyone else on the forum. I am Ice Mark, I live in Ireland and took up cooking and baking about 2 years ago and I love it, it's so relaxing and satisfying. Anyway I've googled recipes and/or help with things and always end up at your wonderful website
so I decided it was time to join and hopefully contribute instead of just taking (I might have along way to go before I am up to scratch. Love all your shows.
Regards
Ice Mark  javascript:emoticon('thumbsup')

Likes (0)