Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 10 Sep 12 8:15pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Paris Bistrot Montmartre introduced to us by Jean-Luc Petitrenaud....

Named 'Au Sancerre' just 16 convives can be seated inside, tables and chairs placed outside allow 20+ more.

Typical Bistro but with a little 'extra', the regulars pay once a month and they have their serviettes and chosen knives kept in boxed shelves along a wall.

Just the little plus to feel *at home* smile

And no mummz you would not like it as there are always too much charcuterie and various meats wink

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 10 Sep 12 9:27pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Paris Bistrot Montmartre introduced to us by Jean-Luc Petitrenaud....

lol  lol  lol  ahh.... but my darling would love it there .
I have to say that it spunds very interesting and as if they have a very regular clientele

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 10 Sep 12 9:33pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

shocked  mrgreen I want too my serviette and  knive kept in boxed shelves along a wall, that sounds fantastic, tell us how the oste and his wife look like, kye .....

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 11 Sep 12 12:04am

Kye

Forum super champ

Grand_Ma wrote:

shocked  mrgreen I want too my serviette and  knive kept in boxed shelves along a wall, that sounds fantastic, tell us how the oste and his wife look like, kye .....

The host is a little man with glasses, has an accent from perhaps Auvergne (Occitan). No hostess in view. The cook works with a tiny kitchen, just enough place to turn but does wonders.

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 11 Sep 12 7:49am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

let's meet all there, I'll just have a look inside and sit outside then, greeting you all and smelling the profumo, at the end we must take a pic with the chef big_smile, a tiny kitchen to do wonders sounds  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 11 Sep 12 5:22pm

Kye

Forum super champ

Great idea Mada big_smile don't forget your serviette and knife. We will all have to sit outside if the 'regulars' have taken up all the tables. hmm

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 11 Sep 12 8:45pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

it must be a lunch sitting on a long long bench at a long long table, shall we sit in alphabetic order or as we have arrived (where is the thinking face, I always look for it here) ..... as madamada I would be far away but as Grand..... maybe we are able to chat while cleaning the plate with a piece of bread (Ashen knows how to do when there is a good toccio) wink  lol

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Tue 11 Sep 12 8:46pm)

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 11 Sep 12 11:08pm

Kye

Forum super champ

in order as we arrive is easier, i think i know /recignise everyone... wink Ashen is not the only one who cleans his plate with bread, it saves the washing up yikes  lol

i'll bring a full hearted Burgundy...those Bistros are very expensive.

Likes (0)

#9 Wed 12 Sep 12 4:53am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Me .. I clean the plate with a little bread .. Can't waste those delicious flavours .
And it makes washing up easier  thumbsup
Sitting in alphabetical order will have me all in a twist , I would not be good at sorting it out and might sit in the wrong place .. So as we arrive would be good .... And don't worry about the Charcuterie .. This vegetarian is easy to please and happy to sit and eat just a bit of baguette .

Likes (0)

#10 Wed 12 Sep 12 11:44pm

Kye

Forum super champ

mummz i'd know you any where even with all the initials you could use...Please sit between mada and me   big_smile

Likes (0)