forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Mon 24 Sep 12 7:34am

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

Re: Happy Birthday sweet mummz....its time to have a real Birthday thread.

Happy Birthday Mummza hope you had a lovely day.  You'll have to let us know how you like your new books.  I'm hoping for Jerusalem for my birthday.

Likes (0)

#12 Mon 24 Sep 12 10:08am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Thankyou Joy yes they are great books .

Thank you Sheryl , you won't be disappointed with Jerusalem when you get it , I love the book  and have already taken note of it saying that many women get the butcher to mince the lamb together with the onions garlic and parsley for them as it saves time and mixes the flavours better ... I made koftas by doing just this only in my food processor .. My darling thought I'd bought them ready cooked from the farmers market  and kept telling me how good they were and how he liked the texture of them !!

Likes (0)

#13 Mon 01 Oct 12 6:50pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Hi! Sorry I wasnt on to wish you a super birthday! xoxo happy cooking!
My brother in London is sending me JO great food escapes dvd set for my bday  big_smile Will try and visit but if I can swing it, it will be in Jan or Feb  sad would love to see you again... if not I am going on a cruise to Mexico, lol!

Likes (0)

#14 Mon 01 Oct 12 6:53pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Happy Birthday mummza!

Likes (0)

#15 Tue 02 Oct 12 12:14pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Happy birthday, Mummza from another Libran. I have Jerusalem on order for my birthday (wish listed from "that place").  Loved his previous books.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#16 Tue 02 Oct 12 5:26pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Happy Belated Birthday Mummza!

Likes (0)

#17 Tue 02 Oct 12 9:17pm

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

Your all so lovely , my birthday seems to have been extended !
Thank you . I have had a great time , I went to Paris with my darling last weekend .
My darling had to go for his work on Thursday  evening for a meal and Friday for a meeting . So we stayed there for the weekend and returned on Monday .

We spent such a lovely day with Kye and her lovely husband on Sunday .
After kye and I popped to the market over the road from our hotel  and bought some delicious picnic treats after sending my darling to go and wash the tomatoes and grapes , we set off and ended up in the garden of the Louvre where we settled to eat our picnic. Their was a wonderful picnic.
London Fashion week was happening so we were entertained by a few people who were tottering about wearing unsuitable shoes for the gardens that have a rough uneven path , and wearing unsuitable clothes for the warm weather !
I am talking thin high metal stiletto shoes and thick wooden wedge shoes . Fur and woollen clothes  or long wafting clothes .
The woman in the wedges was having difficulty walking and had to keep her legs straight as she walked  !
Further on in the gardens there were fashion photographers clicking away with their cameras, so I joined in and took a few photos myself and I think Kye took a photo of me joining in !

As we walked back to the car we came across a march , well not so much of a march . More of a lorry with scaffolding and a stage and a particularly noisy band playing a repetitive tune and singing along to it , they had a young crowd huge following and the streets were starting to be lined with people waiting for the lorry to pass and watch the band.  . I have been trying to find out the name of the band but so far with little success .
It was lovely seeing Kye again.

We had also been to Arras , that was on Saturday where I spent time wandering around the market with my freind Carolle whom I have known for almost 30 years , that was a funny time . The mushroom man made a big fuss of me , one of the other stall holders offered me a dance , we got into conversation with a man who had a Scottie dog and another dog that was sat in a backpack dog carrier .. Great way to be taken for a walk... Now that was funny , I have very limited , very broken school girl French learned or not learned a long time ago . My friend who is French but speaks perfect English as her father was Scottish , kept mixing English and French inthe same sentence .. I think that this was because she always speaks to me in English and I was stood beside her ,the man with the dogs also seemed to want to practice a bit of English  ...somehow we managed to have a conversation !!
I managed to buy some eggs but only 10 and not a dozen !
The fruit man seemed to be determined to feed me figs !
I did manage to buy a huge lump of cheese  , trying to explain to the stall holder that I only wanted a little more than she was about to cut ( my darling blanched at the cost but paid up !) but after was ate a bit for supper at my friends house , some at the picnic with Kye , there was a more reasonable sized piece left. .
All in all we had a pretty entertaining time.

So that was 'my birthday trip' ..( as I decided it was )

big_smile

Likes (0)

#18 Tue 02 Oct 12 11:49pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup  big_smile mummza our forum ambasciatrice in France
mummza in France then wink since kye is just kye

Likes (0)

#19 Wed 03 Oct 12 9:10am

mummza

Forum super champ
From The land of song.

You wait a while Grandmadamada as it will be Mummza in Italy too .. You know my plan .. Now when is that party 2 years time or 3 years time .. But I will likely be along before the party anyway !  lol

Likes (0)

#20 Wed 03 Oct 12 10:47am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

shall I keep your pumpkins sown in my campo neighbor garden and cropped in mine for your arrival? wink

Likes (0)