Subscribe to forums RSS

#21191 Wed 03 Oct 12 5:16pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Re: Whats For Supper?

Went here yesterday for lunch http://www.glowbalgroup.com/blackblue/ I had the New York med rare with a side of mushrooms it came with mashed potatoes and green beans and I think cooked radishes, interesting! I was so full I didnt eat dinner...  big_smile

Likes (0)

#21192 Wed 03 Oct 12 6:20pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Leftover moussaka from last night - I think I'll be eating it for a while!

Likes (0)

#21193 Wed 03 Oct 12 7:02pm

kimmo

Member since Wed 03 Oct 12

Eating something which is very South African - gemsquash.  They really are great - part of the pumpkin family I think.

Likes (0)

#21194 Thu 04 Oct 12 10:15am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

bcrain wrote:

Went here yesterday for lunch http://www.glowbalgroup.com/blackblue/ I had the New York med rare with a side of mushrooms it came with mashed potatoes and green beans and I think cooked radishes, interesting! I was so full I didnt eat dinner...  big_smile

I love braised, grilled or roasted radishes.  They end up tasting so different than raw. It seems to be a west coast thing , as the first place I ever ran across it was a restaurant on Vancouver island.

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#21195 Thu 04 Oct 12 1:30pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

The last (positively, the last  wink  ) bit of moussaka  lol

Likes (0)

#21196 Thu 04 Oct 12 7:32pm

French_vanilla

Forum champ
Occupation Secretary
From Dublin - Ireland
Member since Sun 01 Apr 07

Hello guys!!!

Havent been on here for so long... How have you all been??? I'll try to read some of the threads to catch up and see what you've all been up to!! 

'took a little retreat when I got serious about losing a bit of weight... so all those yummy suppers you guys made kept on making me drool and I needed to re-focus off line...  whistle

all good over here... and as the thread goes, here's tonight menu: slow roast butterflied lamb shoulder with onions, garlic, bay leaves etc. (was off this afternoon, so that's been in the oven for 3 hours and smells delish), served with steamed potatoes and sauteed curly kale with a little garlic butter....  yummy

Frenchie xx

Likes (0)

#21197 Thu 04 Oct 12 11:04pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Frenchie, welcome back!  I missed you!  That dinner sounds scrumptuous!

We had a late lunch, but will probably make tostadas later on - corn tortillas cooked with turkey, onion and manchego cheese, topped with fresh guacamole, chopped lettuce and pico de gallo.

Likes (0)

#21198 Thu 04 Oct 12 11:37pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Ashen wrote:

bcrain wrote:

I love braised, grilled or roasted radishes.  They end up tasting so different than raw. It seems to be a west coast thing , as the first place I ever ran across it was a restaurant on Vancouver island.

We have quite a lot so will roast them with other favorites tomorrow, something new  smile

Likes (0)

#21199 Thu 04 Oct 12 11:46pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic bread. MMMM can't wait!

Likes (0)

#21200 Thu 04 Oct 12 11:46pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

pumpkin leek risotto, Spagna beans with sliced golden onions and fresh oregano, boiled zucchini in insalata and russet apples cake experiment

Likes (0)