forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#371 Wed 03 Oct 12 11:30am

bswan35

Occupation Apprentice Chef
Member since Sun 19 Jun 11

Re: Ask me a cooking question

hey jamie,

i was just wondering what are some good accompaniments to go on a cheese platter?

and what types of cheeses they go with?

thank you smile

Likes (0)

#372 Wed 03 Oct 12 11:51am

Gascoigne85

Member since Tue 02 Oct 12

Hi Jamie.  Not a question about cooking I'm afraid.  We are very sorry to be posting this here but we have had no joy elsewhere.  We have ordered and had delivered an 8 setting dinner service in the white on white range through Debenhams.  The first half arrived four days ago with 50% of the items broken.  Replacement were ordered which arrived yesterday of which all but one item was broken.  You may be asking why I'm bringing this to your attention?  Well, this is how your products are being treated by third party handlers.  The items must have been packaged unbroken; it must be he way the delivery company "Hermes". Treats them.  We have a car full of boxes with broken china to dispose of and now have to travel 20 miles to a Debenhams store to collect (hopefully) undamaged items.  You need to be aware hat your products carrying your name are not being taken care of.  Sorry if his I not the right forum for this, but we were not ure how else we could inform you. Regards, Jan and Tom Gascoigne angry

Likes (0)

#373 Wed 03 Oct 12 2:39pm

amicuta

Member since Wed 03 Oct 12

Hei Jamie...I would be interested in using your line of products in a cafe/bistro I intend to open next year, i could use the pots, cups, everything and sell them as well. Do you do anything like this? Could we talk more about it?
Cheers...PS: I live in Ireland wink

Likes (0)

#374 Thu 04 Oct 12 12:10pm

nikkie110811

Member since Thu 04 Oct 12

good day sir smile other than potatoes and carrots ... i can't seem to get my kids to eat vegetables ... any idea...? thanks so much neutral

nikkie110811

Likes (0)

#375 Thu 04 Oct 12 4:18pm

Kazprowse

Member since Thu 04 Oct 12

Hi Jamie

I have friends that are Celiacs and love pizzas, I have never used gluten free flours before, would love to see a pizza dough recipe using this type of flour.

Thanks Kaz  big_smile

Likes (0)

#376 Thu 04 Oct 12 7:27pm

alice_forest

Member since Tue 02 Oct 12

nikkie110811 wrote:

good day sir smile other than potatoes and carrots ... i can't seem to get my kids to eat vegetables ... any idea...? thanks so much neutral

nikkie110811

My kids are the same, but they don't eat carrot smile
But! They like canned peas and canned corn. And there are squash fritters. You grate some young squashes, add 1/3 spoon of salt, and put them aside for some time. Then you pour out the juice, you won't need it, add 2 eggs (basically it goes one egg - one young squash) and flour (add pepper if you like). The dough should be pretty thick, like good mayo or thicker. When you fry them you'll see: if they are too thin and greasy, add some flour.
They are perfect with sour cream or natural yoghurt. It is possible to add grated potato, herbs etc.

Likes (0)

#377 Fri 05 Oct 12 2:56am

Themum

Member since Fri 05 Oct 12

Hi Jamie

I am lactose and gluten intolerant, as well as being allergic to chillies and capsicums.

I am running out of ideas for healthy meals I can use for both entertainment and every day for my family.

As you can understand I am getting sick of the basic roasts for dinner guests.

Can you point me in the right direction for some great books or recipes I can get hold of, bearing in mind I live in Western Australia and not all the things I see on your show "30 Minute Meals" are available in our supermarkets.

Thank you so much and I love all your shows.

Tesa La-Rue

Likes (0)

#378 Sat 06 Oct 12 4:52pm

Scott04

Member since Sat 06 Oct 12

I'm cooking Jamie's spicy pork goulash. Can this be cooked in a slow cooker. If so how long for?

Likes (0)

#379 Sat 06 Oct 12 7:39pm

Maziee

Member since Sat 06 Oct 12

Hi Jamie I have searched all your books but am still struggling so I need some help. I am organising a 3 day festival in my house  and the theme is Hawiian. friday night start with cocktails so thats pretty easy. We have a three course sit down meal for 25-30 so it needs to be simple. Starter is sorted with your melon and proscuito salad. The meat for mains is chicken  I have 4 whole birds any suggestions, the desert will be your cheese cake. But I am stuck for starters and desert for the Saturday and as I feed about 45 I need help The meat for Saturday is overnight pork with a spicy rub, any suggestion for accompaning dishes. Thanks Maziee  help

Likes (0)

#380 Sun 07 Oct 12 10:39am

jhwinters

Member since Sun 07 Oct 12

Hello there,

I love your recipe for tarte tatin, but if I make it in a steel frying pan like you do in your demonstration, the apples go a most unappetizing grey-green colour.  Is there any way to stop that?

Many thanks,

Likes (0)