forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 07 Oct 12 11:42pm

skinnychef

Member since Thu 27 Sep 12

50 Shades Of Kale: Delicious & Nutritious Kale Recipes

Just wanted to let you know that "50 Shades Of Kale: Delicious & Nutritious Kale Recipes" is free for the next 4 days =>

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009GMNIZ2
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GMNIZ2

And if youíre worried about not having a Kindle Ė donít fret, you can read the book on any device with Amazonís free Kindle Reading apps: http://amzn.to/R7YLsp

Free bonus on book site at http://50shadesofkale.com/free-bonuses

50 SHADES OF KALE by Dr. Drew Ramsey and veteran cookbook author Jennifer Iserloh pleases with 50 recipes that promise to trim your waistline, build your brain, and boost your sex drive. Enjoy tongue-in-cheek introductions, gorgeous photos, and a simmering essay on kaleís health benefit. Dr. Drew exposes kaleís ample hidden health attributes while Jennifer highlights kale in some sinfully good recipes. From breakfast to cocktails, Kaleonnaise to Thaiíd Up Roughage, readers learn fifty new pleasing ways to partner kale. Devour spicy Kalejitos, tasty Kale Chicken Enchiladas, and decadent Chocolate Kale Chip Cookies, without regret ó every dish is less than 400 calories.

Smiles

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 08 Oct 12 11:25pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: 50 Shades Of Kale: Delicious & Nutritious Kale Recipes

50 shades of .....Oh dear .. The title has put me off looking !

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 09 Oct 12 12:54am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

lol

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:08am

wildly organic

Occupation cooker,baker,gardener,captain,skier and bath bomb boss
From Dogville
Member since Fri 26 Sep 08

this looks super except I do not read books with the device mentioned  smile

we just had another "famous" Kale guru here on the island promoting her book,it looks great I am thinking for Christmas presents

made kale chips once but the fam........just kinda grunted....did not really eat them I did....really....is kale actually good? what must I do to convince them? also I had a TON of eggplants in my wee town garden and I want to "put them up for winter" what to do???? made ramsey recipe  "eggplant caviar" yuck... and the fam feels the same way bout them.calls moussaka moose kaka

I am doomed tongue

wild and whacky  big_smile

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:44am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

mummza wrote:

50 shades of .....Oh dear .. The title has put me off looking !

Ditto, I'm so over the 50 shades of stupidity thing....

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 09 Oct 12 6:42am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Wildly organic , I bake the aubergine , skin it , blend it , then mix it with creme fraise , garlic,  a bit if lemon zest and some lemon juice , pepper and salt , occasionally a bit of chopped red chilli . Put it into a dish , sprinkle with paprika . Then leave to set in the fridge .
I eat this with toast or fresh 'French bread ' and many be a few things like slices of cucumber , ' sticks' of carrot or red sweet peppers.

Or I take long slices  of aubergine , cutting through the skin , oil them and cook them on a griddle or heavy bottom frypan .
In a bowl I mix ricotta cheese and cooked chopped spinach together , add a little nutmeg and other seasonings .
I get each slice of grilled aubergine place a spoonful of filling at the end and roll the aubergine slice around the filling .
Each roll is them placed in a baking dish.
Once I have made all these aubergine rolls I cover them with a home made tomato sauce . Scatter a bit of fresh grated parmasan on top (, may be a bit of mozzerella as well as the family like this but it's not nessersary ) and bake it for a short while untill it's all hot and bubbling .

Have also filled these aubergine rolls with other things such as a cooked lentil  mix or minced lamb kofta type mix .

I just serve these with a salad .
Your family might enjoy these suggestions .

Back to the Kale .. Yes I really like kale but the title if this book I am finding hard to get past and take seriously , I should not judge a book by its cover , but , the title '50 shades of Kale ' gives me the impression that they a " jumping on the bandwagon " as the expresion is here in the UK .
(By this I mean , latching on to someone else's idea and using it for their own benifit ).
The title has put me off looking at the book ... Sorry !

( I have not read the popular book of a similar title either )

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 09 Oct 12 9:40pm

wildly organic

Occupation cooker,baker,gardener,captain,skier and bath bomb boss
From Dogville
Member since Fri 26 Sep 08

mummza wrote:

Wildly organic , I bake the aubergine , skin it , blend it , then mix it with creme fraise , garlic,  a bit if lemon zest and some lemon juice , pepper and salt , occasionally a bit of chopped red chilli . Put it into a dish , sprinkle with paprika . Then leave to set in the fridge .
I eat this with toast or fresh 'French bread ' and many be a few things like slices of cucumber , ' sticks' of carrot or red sweet peppers.

Or I take long slices  of aubergine , cutting through the skin , oil them and cook them on a griddle or heavy bottom frypan .
In a bowl I mix ricotta cheese and cooked chopped spinach together , add a little nutmeg and other seasonings .
I get each slice of grilled aubergine place a spoonful of filling at the end and roll the aubergine slice around the filling .
Each roll is them placed in a baking dish.
Once I have made all these aubergine rolls I cover them with a home made tomato sauce . Scatter a bit of fresh grated parmasan on top (, may be a bit of mozzerella as well as the family like this but it's not nessersary ) and bake it for a short while untill it's all hot and bubbling .

Have also filled these aubergine rolls with other things such as a cooked lentil  mix or minced lamb kofta type mix .

I just serve these with a salad .
Your family might enjoy these suggestions .

Back to the Kale .. Yes I really like kale but the title if this book I am finding hard to get past and take seriously , I should not judge a book by its cover , but , the title '50 shades of Kale ' gives me the impression that they a " jumping on the bandwagon " as the expresion is here in the UK .
(By this I mean , latching on to someone else's idea and using it for their own benifit ).
The title has put me off looking at the book ... Sorry !

( I have not read the popular book of a similar title either )

Thanks Mummza! this is exactly what I was looking for! The author of the book "The book of Kale"
http://www.harbourpublishing.com/author/SharonHanna

has won some awards and recently spoke on our island. They also sell the book on B.C. Ferries,I think it is becoming very popular. I will be trying the rolled recipe you posted as well as the dip   cheers!!!   smile

Likes (0)