forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 06 Oct 12 11:02am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

starting sourdough /for kye to see

I forgot to tell you on the bread and wine post that I add a little honey just to help

kye kye are you still choosing wich is the best grape to crop from your pergola???????

I hope other forumers will join in doing the same or  crossed  crossed  crossed  for this adventure  help  whistle  whistle  whistle  it's again bread and wine wink

http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/vie … p?id=78645

p.s. the power of sourdough made the pics load contemporaneamente on the blog at first attempt shocked  thumbsup lol

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Sat 06 Oct 12 11:05am)

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 06 Oct 12 9:38pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: starting sourdough /for kye to see

looks wonderful Grandmadamada, I never realised before that you put a buch of grapes into the starter , I am not sure why but I thought it started with grape skins !

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 06 Oct 12 11:08pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Thankyou mada. I will follow you very shortly.

Unhappily our vines had too much rain earlier this year, they caught mildiou. I'll have to wait until i can get to our organic shop  hmm tomatoes were ill too....

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 07 Oct 12 12:26am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

..... un grappolo would be a cluster???? or bunch and un acino is a grape .... I learned this today grazie kye wink
mummza I think the yeast is on the skins smile

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Sun 07 Oct 12 12:27am)

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 07 Oct 12 10:58am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

Sorry ladies but I couldn't resist and took a peek too. It definitely was a OMG moment! Makes perfect sense!

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 07 Oct 12 11:17am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

are you going to start a sourdough too Pakman

dai dai

let's invahde the planet with this alive stuff big_smile

my flour is slowly starting to bubble but it's not worth taking a pic yet, I only stirr it with a fork now and then, the grapes are going around in the batter, and at the end I'll drain them off (would you say so??)

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Sun 07 Oct 12 11:20am)

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 08 Oct 12 7:53pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Grand_Ma wrote:

are you going to start a sourdough too Pakman

dai dai

let's invahde the planet with this alive stuff big_smile

my flour is slowly starting to bubble but it's not worth taking a pic yet, I only stirr it with a fork now and then, the grapes are going around in the batter, and at the end I'll drain them off (would you say so??)

Draining the bunches mada  wink and yes the most important is in the skins thumbsup

It all sounds very natural, so i now will select a special fork to stir, i am a good student. big_smile

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 08 Oct 12 9:22pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

how did you know I'm using a a little short fork with a wood handle, I really do not know why cool  wink

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 08 Oct 12 9:29pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

...................honey is like saccharomyces fast food and corrupts the ballance of microorganisms.

I'm quoting dukegus from the thread about breads and wine and  ....

if it doesn't start at all I'll start a new one only with grapes, but I remember adding honey aswell a few years ago

you wouldn't add sugar to bakers' yeast then dukegus, when making pizza or bread, most homebakers do thinking to improove the vitalità e forza of the yeast

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Mon 08 Oct 12 9:29pm)

Likes (0)

#10 Wed 10 Oct 12 12:08am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

my sourdough is bubbling and I strained the grapes, added a little of it to flour and water 50/50, put it in a jar and wrapped in wool scarfs crossed
http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/vie … p?id=78667

Likes (0)