Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#4281 Wed 10 Oct 12 3:59am

D.carlsgaard

Member since Wed 10 Oct 12

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hi Jamie!

I LOVE you!  I just popped in to see if you thought it may be possible to make your goulash in the crock pot?  I seldom use this thing but I love your goulash  -  it is a family favorite and has been requested.....but I unfotunatley need to work the whole day the kids are coming over.  What do you think?  Has any one tried it?  Do you think it is worth a shot?

Xo. P.s I loved your tv show on your cookbook...and miss it. I wish you would come back on American tv.  I do love your app for the iPad. It is super!

Likes (0)

#4282 Fri 12 Oct 12 5:30am

mazni1507

Member since Fri 12 Oct 12

Greetings from sunny Singapore!

I'm a big fan of your cook shows.  You make cooking look so effortless and easy.
I'm not a good cook and still looking for motivation everytime I watch your shows.

My dream is to meet you in person and tell me that cooking is easy...
wink

Likes (0)

#4283 Tue 16 Oct 12 3:17pm

PamHollingshead

Member since Tue 16 Oct 12

Hi, writing as a Business Manager from a 14-19 Leicestershire secondary school. I have loved all of your programmes. Your laid back attitude to cooking but with such passion without being bolshy and rude like some of your celebrity colleagues.  Your cooking in schools has been inspirational and I think we need you in our kitchen!  We have 900 students who we allow off site at lunchtime, so they do in droves.  This de-motivates the staff and I don't know what the answer is without increasing costs.  How amazing it would be if you could come and spend some time in our kitchen.  A colleague suggested that I contact you and I thought  - why would Jamie Oliver come to our little secondary!  If you don't ask you don't get right?! help

Likes (0)

#4284 Tue 16 Oct 12 8:56pm

Procurement

Hi Jamie, Michelle
I watched the one show last night, and was touched by the young girl's blog and the good that she has done.
I was also struck by a comment you made, and wondered if there is a way that we could help the people who procure school meals contracts in a way that is "cost neutral, whilst delivering the nutritional standards".

Please get in touch with me if you are interested in discussing in more detail.
Kind regards
smile

Last edited by Procurement (Tue 16 Oct 12 8:58pm)

Likes (0)

#4285 Tue 16 Oct 12 10:35pm

spenshaz

Hi All, We, my hubby and i are new to the forum and we love cooking Spanish food but one thing that keeps letting us down every time is the Croquetas, which is a shame cause when we do get them right they are bloody lovely!
I came on here to see if there was a video of Jamie making them and there isn't!
Can anybody help?
Hints and tips?
Where we are going wrong?
look forward to your replies!
Shaz & Spen big_smile

Likes (0)

#4286 Tue 16 Oct 12 10:52pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Hi spenshaz, we make croquettes usually just potato but they can be made with cheese vegs and fish, meat...left overs.

Theres no way to see what you are doing wrong if you dont show the recipe or method you are using.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/177174-mrs- … tas-recipe

Likes (0)

#4287 Thu 18 Oct 12 1:09pm

Kuikhoven

Occupation Callcenter agent
From Almelo, Netherlands
Member since Thu 18 Oct 12

Hello everyone,

My name is Herma Kuikhoven. I live in Holland and (ofcourse) love to cook. My English is not the best in the world but I hope to learn great recipes on this forum and maybe can share some of my own lovely pie recipes.

For now, Im going to check out this site and hopefully be a real active member.

Love,
Herma

Likes (0)

#4288 Fri 19 Oct 12 1:33am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Welcome Herma! wave

Likes (0)

#4289 Mon 22 Oct 12 7:02pm

ann4spain

Member since Sun 21 Feb 10

Hi Jamie
Love your programmes and your recipes.  I now live in Spain where certain food stuffs are hard to come by (not Maldon Salt though!!!)  but that doesn't stop me trying out the recipes.  If you ever get an offer to cook in Spain, please make sure you come inland from the Costa del Sol to Alhaurin........ you have a great following. smile

Likes (0)

#4290 Wed 24 Oct 12 8:22am

zimtsternchen

Member since Tue 23 Oct 12

dear jamie
I'm a big fan become your cookery.
when I see your broadcasts, I can feel how much fun makes you cook. you cook with a casual style that makes your broadcast just awesome and you really get pleasure again cook .....

I live in Germany and our tv chefs have a very dusty and boring program in which you fall asleep almost ... except Tim Mälzer .. smile

Likes (0)