forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Tue 25 Sep 12 12:04pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

Re: Italian restaurant in London: very bad quality of food!

William12 wrote:

I then take another look.Before going to any restaurant I have to find out information.You may also like
I use Restaau.co.uk -  intelligent search engine. With Restaau
•    You can filter search results easily by different aspects such as Cuisines, Distance, Price, Dinning Options, Good For, Star…
•    View details of a restaurant with telephone, location, photos, description and reviews from internet community about that restaurant.

The problem of course with any food search engine is how reliable the votes/opinions are. Who writes them & how educated their palates are is mostly unknown & taken on trust...........a flawed system if ever there was one!
Reviews are to be taken as a guide only, & not to be totally relied upon. The only way to truly judge a thing is to take the plunge in a spirit of adventure & try it yourself.

The feeling I had was that the OP wasn't genuine (apologies if I have misjudged you)...........it isn't sensible to spend a lot of money on something, find that it scores well below the expected mark & then not to speak immediately to the manager & either have the dishes remade or the bill discounted heavily.
The OP's English whilst good, wasn't grammatically fluent..........did this have a bearing on how the complaint was delivered at the time? or is this another case of an attention-seeker wishing to 'have a go' at a celebrity success? (we have had them appear more than once before on here)
After one such onslaught some time ago (there appeared to be a little problem with my local Jamie's Italian (Nottingham)) I was invited to have a meal there free-of-charge & then I wrote a review based on my experience. My findings were that once the restaurant management were aware of a problem they very quickly rectified it, the power of a well-grounded complaint to the right person being proved.

If I had any criticism at all of Jamie's Italian, it would be that it is a touch expensive for the amount of food on the plate.............but most better-end eateries in Britain are guilty of the same so not in itself worthy of comment.

Likes (0)

#22 Tue 25 Sep 12 7:15pm

maddimouse

Forum champ
Occupation chatterbox addicted to cooking
From mid-west Germany
Member since Mon 23 Feb 09

Hey Sandra,

okay, so you werenīt happy with the food that you and your partner got. And itīs okay to complain about it. But this is slagging off and trying to harm oneīs business, not simply complaining. A complaint would have been to give the plate back, and if it was four plates so be it! In case nothing would have happened, or you wouldīve been treated in a rude way etc. THEN posting on here would have been the right way to do it, at least thatīs how I feel about it.

If I was too coward to say something in a restaurant, then itīs my fault. Whoever cannot open oneīs mouth cannot be helped, thatīs what my family taught me. And most of the times people who are addressed with a complaint are dealing with it as much to the costumers wishes as possible. Yes, I have complained about food in more than just one restaurant, and apart from once the servicesī reaction was always friendly and considerate (?). I have family working in restaurants and I know how hectic it can be. Itīs still humans and sometimes itīs simply a bad day and nothing really works. Thatīs life!

Itīs easier to write huge posts about how bad the food was and that it is all just for the money etc.etc. Yes, people actually DO open businesses to make money, and compared to others Jamie is a very little light out there in a mass of fires!

Next time, just be open and honest and complain right away. You might be surprised about how things turn out!

Likes (0)

#23 Wed 26 Sep 12 12:52pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

William12 wrote:

I then take another look.Before going to any restaurant I have to find out information.You may also like
I use Restaau.co.uk -  intelligent search engine. With Restaau
•    You can filter search results easily by different aspects such as Cuisines, Distance, Price, Dinning Options, Good For, Star…
•    View details of a restaurant with telephone, location, photos, description and reviews from internet community about that restaurant.

sorry this looks like a bit of advertising to me !

Likes (0)

#24 Wed 10 Oct 12 5:10pm

giselecutts

Member since Thu 26 Jul 12

Hello my name is Gisele, nice to meet you all! I am doing a Jamie's Great Britain cooking for charity and I intend to cook every single recipe in this book within the year, inviting friends over and they can help this charity that take girls off the streets, drugs and crime in Romania, called Jubilee Romania.

Hope you follow my blog and support my work for this charity.

Thank you

Gisele

Likes (0)