forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 10 Oct 12 11:52am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

I dare not reading it alone

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/a … ok/263405/

what shall we do then meanwhile wink  hmm for sure something else which, they say, will make us happy and costs some money, after readin it I'll know if I'm allowed to stirr my polenta for 40 mins and relax with that (I'm thinking iof an electric device attached to a beautiful copper bowl-like pan, that should do it forme ...... and I did not use after two or three times of an uncooked full of lumps polenta, I know I should have insisted in learning how it works but ........ hmm  hmm  whistle

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 11 Oct 12 10:37pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: I dare not reading it alone

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&am … 0AWm1oHIDQ
there you are Grandmadamada .

now this cooking robot, it will never replace us as its just no good at tasting the food being cooked and could not say if it needed more seasoning or love stirred into the pot !  big_smile

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 11 Oct 12 11:53pm

Birdymum

Forum champ
From Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

A real arguement to the limitations of robots, you'd have to give them a sense of taste and touch to cook properly. Then teach them all the variables involved in the ingredients, weather, humidity, cooking equipment etc.

I would just prefer to put a pot on the stove myself
But wouldn't it be cool if it could happen.

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 12 Oct 12 9:47am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Birdymum wrote:

I would just prefer to put a pot on the stove myself
But wouldn't it be cool if it could happen.

There might be a lot of overcooked and burned foods I feel  because every pot or things or  piece of things you cook is slightly different in how it reacts to the heat.., not sure how the robots would manage this .

And they would be pretty boring to chat with as well ... It's nice to have a chat whilst your cooking !

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 12 Oct 12 1:07pm

dukegus

Forum champ
Occupation Unemployed,
From Greece
Member since Fri 21 Mar 08

Well there is already a breadmaking device out there. Yeah robots can't yet cook, in the more general way, but they can help quite a bit. For example I wish I had a mixer, by lower back always aches after making brioche dough...... smile

*About the taste, there is already an electric tongue that measure many chemicals. I have read some scientific papers on it in winemaking, beermaking, but I didn't give it too much attention...

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 14 Oct 12 9:47am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 15 Oct 12 1:15am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09